Alignment Nightmare, A 2015 Dodge Journey Story

In March 2016 I got a DJ 2015 from Nebraska.  Had 27,000 miles on it at the time.  I noticed after taking a few work related road trips that accumulated 1300 miles per trip, the front tires looked as of someone was filing them down at a sharp angle at the outer most tread.  Took vehicle in that fall for alignment check and of course stealership said "Its fine" Rotates tires and the vehicles ride became so unbearable that that spring, got brand new tires on it thinking the alignment was "Good".  Now it has ruined those tires too and this time I took it to a father, son auto shop and they allowed me to watch them put the car through the tester (Never knew so many gadgets were need to be attached to each tire)  And guess what....Cambers were shot so my rear end was trying to go right while my front end was trying to go left.  Beings a quality turd brought to you by Dodge....DJ's do NOT have adjustable alignment.  So new adjustable versions for the cambers had to be ordered + new tires.  

Called the Stealership and got the typical run around "Oh that tech doesnt work here anymore"  and "Well we cant do anything for you because an alignment check wasnt done when the tires were put on"  I told the tire shop that the alignment was fine as per the Stealership.

Will never buy from that dealer again.  

Edited by jkeaton

well after having the alignment done you waited till spring and then put on new tires and didnt bother to have them recheck the alignment and now blame the dealership after the tires get ruined again? have to say a lot of the problem was due to you.   I had my rear alignment go bad and it ruined both of the rears lucky they were getting to the end of their life anyways, so i had the dealership do a alignment and after a couple of months later when i bought new tires i went to quick lane tire store ( they are a national chain store) they had a sign up that they offered lifetime 4 wheel alignments for $179. so i bought that service ( alignment was fine they told me) and have since had it checked about 2-3 more times since then you might want to check them out if they are in your state. good luck

Uneven tyre wear is an instant give away that your vehicle is having suspension/steering/alignment issues and should always be rectified before fitting new tyres.

I personally advise that people have their alignment checked at least annually  as it is much cheaper than new tyres and excess fuel burnt over years no to mention tyres pointing in different directions on the same axle pulls your suspension to pieces and makes it drive like crap.