Heat and flow problem

Nick_forest

Hello everyone,

my journey has an issue where with all vents in the open position there is very little flow coming out of the passenger side vents.

if I close the the driver side vents the flow is close to normal.

planning on getting a coolant and radiator core flush but I'm not sure if that will fix the issue.

has anyone else experienced something similar?

thank you

well i have a hard time believing that a air filter put in backwards would cause a difference in air flow on only one side of the hvac system, ( as the filter is just a thin piece of cotton ) more likely the blend door became response after you were changing the filter, anyways good luck that it stays working for you. now the temp difference what be from a partially plug heater core and from what most posters have commented on that flushing sometimes works  only to find they later on need to replace the heater core , being 2011 might be better to just replace the heater core  instead of doing the flush ( save a little $$) check out you tube for the easy and cheap way to do it than the dealership way....

Hi there - I have a 2012 Dodge Journey with heat/AC issues (I have dual climate control). We noticed it at the start of last winter, where the driver's side would have warm air blowing, and the passenger's side would be ice cold. We replaced the passenger size blend door actuator first, which didn't seem to solve anything. We took it in to have the heater core flushed 3 times (in the span of 3 months), which would fix the issue for about a week before returning to cold air. The lines were gunked up again every time we brought it in to have it flushed. Finally, we replaced the heater core in January/February and it got us through the remainder of winter with semi-hot heat.

Now that we are getting into cooler temps again, I put the heater on this morning and found out the cold air issue is back. Any further suggestions as to what we could do here?? 

• 4 months later...

Did you fix it !? And how did you replace the heater core !? Mine has also a heat issue on passenger's side, door seems to move fine. If I turn off the climat wait like 1 minute turn it back on I got hot heat on passenger's side then gradually becoming less warm has the fan blows into the heater core.  What helped me is changing my thermostat. Mine was opening way too soon like at 79C instead of 95C, air is hotter now but still not as warm as driver side. I'm planning to replace the heater core by cutting the pipe near the brake pedals but not sure if it applies on journey 2011, all I saw is a 2010.

2 hours ago, Nick_forest said:

I am having the driver’s side blend door actuator replaced.

I was clued in to this by a friend of a colleague who is a technician with Chrysler.

if that doesn’t fixe it I guess we are replacing the heater core!

check out the you tube video on dodge journey heater core replacement shortcut