Paint not matched

AyeJayy

So I just recently purchased my used 2014 Dodge Journey. I’m liking the car so far but there is one thing that is bothering me, the front door and fender don’t match the car. I saw a previous post on this, but that user purchased a new carband was able to have dealer fix it. I made the mistake of buying the car in dusk and it looked good then, but when the sun is out it’s clear something isn’t matching. I checked the car fax before purchasing and it had a clean record so I figured this wasn’t caused because of an accident. I’m just trying to figure out my options on handling this or should I just nickname my car Patches.

92818FE7-A96C-4AB9-91F9-BE4A528E447A.jpeg

4B493BBA-CD57-4C4B-9757-9301BD8D3626.jpeg

Definitely been painted not to match. You also mention the carfax report, but we all have to remember that everything on those reports are issues that have been reported. If I scrape my car on a tree or big nasty pole, chances are I am not telling anyone (mostly from embarrassment), but also because I don't want my insurance to go up and because I don't want to drive a car with a scrape. I know plenty of body shop guys, and I am sure there is one or two who will give me great 'cash' deal with minimal or no paperwork. They are very helpful reports, but unfortunately we still have to remember the old saying, "Buyer beware" before buying anything. A two hour drive would be worth it in my opinion.

Good Luck.