Ever buy a rebuilt TIPM?

Hi All,
Has anyone replaced their TIPM with a used/refurbished unit?
(TIPM=Totally Integrated Power Management)
If so, what year is your Journey, where did you get the TIPM, what issues did you have, did you require dealer assistance, did you need to reprogram, would you recommend?  Any info appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a note to say that I installed a rebuilt TIPM.

It solved two electrical problems (door lock and front washer pump)!.

The refurbished TIPM does not appear to support my backup camera though and am checking with the guys who sold it to me to see what that's about.

And I have some lit dash lights and no speedometer.  Hoping to get that fixed by completing a reset as per the youtube videos linked in the previous message.

But I am not 100% sure how to fully disconnect the battery.  In the video, its a simpler setup in a jeep.  On my 2010 RT, the battery is not directly accessible and has 3 connections I can see.  One negative to the negative post.  Two positives, one to the TIPM and one to the accessible positive connection.

I disconnect the battery negative connection up to the post.  Then I disconnect the postitive connection up to the post.  Then I connect the cars negative and positive connections together to drain the car.  Have also tried disconnecting the positive to the TIPM, but not getting a seuccessful reset.  Have only tried two hours disconnected though. 

I will try disconnecting a longer stretch, but am wondering if I need to disconnect the positive connection to the TIPM or not?

dodgejourney electrical conections.jpg

last nite I disconnected negative from the car for about 30 minutes.  Reconnected and all was well with the replacement TIPM!  Backup camera, remote start, and speedometer are working again.  Front washer pump and door locks working again for the first time in 18 months.  ( http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/topic/9376-power-door-locks-stopped-working%C2%A0-but-power-unlock-still-works%C2%A0/?tab=comments#comment-75707 )

Very happy with the refurbished TIPM from Mak at https://www.totalintegratedpowermodule.com/

Edited by Elmwoodie
fix typo