Grill options - Help me choose!

04redmach1

Wife isn't helping so I am asking you guys. What ya think out of these options.

OPTION 1:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-2010-0...sQ5fAccessories

OPTION 2:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/09-10-2009-...sQ5fAccessories

OPTION 3:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/09-10-2009-...sQ5fAccessories

I think I like #2 keeping the dodge crosshairs, but 1 looks clean too. Not sure about the mesh.

I think I like #2 keeping the dodge crosshairs, but 1 looks clean too. Not sure about the mesh.

If you're looking to keep the crosshairs, I like 3 better than 2. 2 looks too busy, IMO. I like #1 the best, makes it look a lot like the Ford Flex from the front, which I think is an awesome looking ride. Just my opinion though.

Let us know which you settle on, and post some pics!

Hello

I have option 2 installed on my Journey and I think it looks good. . Yes the crosshairs are also bent upwards but less then on the picture that you attached. I think that you could fit the lower ones better by removing the grill, I couldn't figured out so I gave up.......... If some one knows please let me know.

post-433-1259099654_thumb.jpg

I like Option #2 the best, too, but the bent-up look kind of bothers me as well. I've seen various pictures and some look worse than others, so it's possible that they don't look as bad in person as the photos make them out to be. It's also possible that, because of the angular corners at the bottom right & left of the grill, truly parallel bars might not look as good as you imagine.

Any other manufacturer's for custom grille's?

I think I may go with #1 due to #2 having the weird bend. #3 would look better if the pieces match up better with the cross hairs.

Well, definitely post some pictures no matter what option you go with. I'd like to see some front profile shots, not just zoomed in pictures of the grille. That way you can see the effect it has on the vehicle's appearance as a whole.

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know how to remove the stock grille/front end to attach the overlay billet grille?

I bought my fella a 4-piece grille for the top and matching piece for the lower grille but when we tried to remove the plastic grille it was very stubborn and refused to budge.

Dealers said it should just unclip, but we're scared to pull to hard incase something snaps!! but do need to remove it as the new grille instructions show that you need to drill into the original grille for mounting bolts and we wouldn't want to do that with it in situ.

I don't think we can access the lower grille at all without removing part of the front end!

so we have a lovely shiny grille awaiting fitting but no idea how to do it- any advice gratefully received

cheers

Lindsay

Does anyone know how to remove the stock grille/front end to attach the overlay billet grille?

I bought my fella a 4-piece grille for the top and matching piece for the lower grille but when we tried to remove the plastic grille it was very stubborn and refused to budge.

Dealers said it should just unclip, but we're scared to pull to hard incase something snaps!! but do need to remove it as the new grille instructions show that you need to drill into the original grille for mounting bolts and we wouldn't want to do that with it in situ.

I don't think we can access the lower grille at all without removing part of the front end!

so we have a lovely shiny grille awaiting fitting but no idea how to do it- any advice gratefully received

cheers

Lindsay

Open your hood, look at the area around where the hood latch is. Look from left to right, you should see some small round black buttons. Get a screw driver and gently pull them up. That will unhook the top part of the bumper so you can get behind it. I would assume there are more underneath the front end to remove the whole bumper. There are some in the wheel well too. Becareful, you need them to put the bumper back on. If you break some, you need to go to autozone and pickup some more for about $5(that will get you 7 of them I think). The dealer is charging $5 each pin!