2012 Journey Clicking Noise

Hi I just brought my 2012 Journey in Febuary this year. There is a strange clicking noise coming from what sounds like the back left tire. I have a warranty and have been to the dealer 3 times for the same issue. I was checking online for recalls or others with the same problem when I ran into this forum. Is there any other Dodge Journey owners with the same problems?

Is it AWD? If so, I would suspect the CV joint. If not, jack up the rear end and spin the wheel and see if you can pinpoint where it's coming from. Has it always done it or just recently started? Is the noise noticeable inside or outside or both? Have you done any inspection of the wheel/tire/brakes?

Edited by jkeaton

• Official Dodge Support

Will, I picked up my baby today and the problem was the brake clips was not lineup right per the dealer. No charge under warranty Now there is no more noise.

Glad to hear the issue was resolved. Enjoy your new Journey.

Regina

U.S. Top Care

Chrysler Group LLC

• Official Dodge Support

Hi I just brought my 2012 Journey in Febuary this year. There is a strange clicking noise coming from what sounds like the back left tire. I have a warranty and have been to the dealer 3 times for the same issue. I was checking online for recalls or others with the same problem when I ran into this forum. Is there any other Dodge Journey owners with the same problems?

I am sorry to hear that the clicking noise is not resolved. Did the dealer verify the noise and make any repairs? You can take your vehicle to another dealer for diagnosis. Please keep us posted.

• 2 years later...

2011 Dodge Journey Mainstreet, purchased used... 30 day warranty long gone.  The noise I hear is more of a clanking noise rather then clicking.  Sounds like metal on metal and stops when I tap the brake.  It also stops when I get up some speed . 30mph or over.  Sometimes its not even there.  I have not taken it to the shop because I dont have the money to do so right now.  Any ideas?

front or rear where does the noise sound likeit is coming from? put it up on jacks all 4 wheels in case you have awd then turn the car on put the wheels in motion and listen at each wheel for noise, you could go to most brake shops they usually will check your vec. for free just hoping they find something so they can fix it. just get a price if they tell you what is wrong first so you know what it will cost. good luck

• 2 months later...
On 8/26/2016 at 0:45 PM, Tammy Woods said:

2011 Dodge Journey Mainstreet, purchased used... 30 day warranty long gone.  The noise I hear is more of a clanking noise rather then clicking.  Sounds like metal on metal and stops when I tap the brake.  It also stops when I get up some speed . 30mph or over.  Sometimes its not even there.  I have not taken it to the shop because I dont have the money to do so right now.  Any ideas?

Hi Tammy, apologies, coming to this late so maybe you have this sorted by now?

I had this problem on my Journey but it turned out to be just the copper shims that sit on the brake caliper. They allow the brake pad to easily move in an out and also keeps them under tension to stop them vibrating in place.  I had the same symptoms in that it rattled around when driving at slower speeds but disappeared when braking and at higher speed -

I suppose that the pressure of the brake piston under braking keeps them from rattling around so the noise disappears and at higher speeds, either I just couldn't hear them or perhaps the higher speeds somehow kept them in position?

The shims are gently sprung to keep them in place but I guess mine became lose and popped out.

They were only around €10 (prob $10 for you) for a couple of sets (i wanted a few spares).

Hopefully, you got you problem sorted but please post back to let the rest of us know!