Rear view mirror vent?

Shawn855

10 minutes ago, lmoore1436 said:

Those are humidity sensors for the Climate control sensor. I asked the dealer about it a few months ago. 

See I asked about the humidity sensor and I was told that it's the little black Square on the passenger side of the windshield next to the Mirror stuck directly to the glass

The humidity sensor would be stuck to the glass if that's what the dealer said - and my vehicle has a box stuck to the glass so for once I guess a dealer is right.  The auto dim sensor for the mirror is the little round thing in the actual mirror face - that's a photocell behind the glass and they left off the silvering to let it see the light.

Those are the microphones for the Handsfree system.

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎09 at 9:30 AM, Camper said:

No it not a mic. Mic is built in into mirror and at the bottom of the mirror is two small holes for the mic.

For the record, those things on top ARE the microphones.  Two organised as an array and there a signal processor to provide noise reduction.

If you have holes on the bottom of your mirrors, then someone's been busy with a drill or the design has been changed (doubtful)

On 12/12/2017 at 8:30 PM, bramfrank said:

For the record, those things on top ARE the microphones.  Two organised as an array and there a signal processor to provide noise reduction.

If you have holes on the bottom of your mirrors, then someone's been busy with a drill or the design has been changed (doubtful)

LOL