Dodge Journey no start

7 minutes ago, Jim Hamblin said:

:puppy_kiss:Tired of putting my money trying to fix our no starting Journey. Replaced arrange sensor for $550. Now going to replace starter.  

Are you saying that your Dodge Dealer has no idea why it's not starting? Or have you been diagnosing it on your own? 

That's just unreal , but in your shoes I would take it to an independent shop. It's just odd that they cannot detect the problem in my Journey the no start issue it was a dead premature fail fuel pump. Yes it was expensive to replace would of done it myself, but couldn't because I didn't have the space/authority to do so at my old place. 

We have been dealing with this no start issue since new. The problem is it doesn't do it all the time. I do my own work on everything but their no start problem. If you read about the 2009 Journey everybody has the same issues. And nobody has the fix. Wish we could buy a different car but kid in college has made that impossible lol. 

6 minutes ago, Jim Hamblin said:

We have been dealing with this no start issue since new. The problem is it doesn't do it all the time. I do my own work on everything but their no start problem. If you read about the 2009 Journey everybody has the same issues. And nobody has the fix. Wish we could buy a different car but kid in college has made that impossible lol. 

Well just didn't research on your issue and the fix "When your car will not start, turn it on, push your break in, and put the gear in neutral. Once it is in neutral, start your car. This should allow your car to start. If it starts, then you know that the problem is for sure the neutral safety switch. The neutral safety switch is not a very expense part.Anywhere around 20-60 Dollars. In most models, they have the neutral safety switch in the transmission."

23 hours ago, Jim Hamblin said:

Our 09 did not have this issue so your statement that that "everybody has the same issues" is false.

Also, please read the section descriptions before posting. You posted this in the forum help and suggestions section which is intended for reporting issues with forum site and/or software. Not vehicle specific technical issues. I have moved your thread to the proper section.

Edited by jkeaton

My 09 has never had a no start issue, now has about 82,000 miles on it.  I have the V6.  

I have replaced the battery (after about 4 years) and the started last year.  Starter was under extended warranty.  Even when the starter was going it still started.

Did you have the ignition switch/key fob recall done?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-09-07 at 6:16 PM, Jim Hamblin said:

The range selector AKA NUETRAL park switch is inside the transmission $550 repair at our dealer. One day later no start again. Tomorrow the starter will be replaced.If enough owners call or email NHTSA

Was the problem solved with the starter replaced? I have a 09 Journey SXT and I am facing the same issue. The dealer is asking $150 just to check the car.

2 hours ago, Robert Junior said:

Was the problem solved with the starter replaced? I have a 09 Journey SXT and I am facing the same issue. The dealer is asking $150 just to check the car.

If you think it's the starter I would remove it test it at your local auto parts store if it's in working condition. Then I would probably proceed to the dealer just depends how mechanically inclined you are. But I would read the more on this forum many claim it's a sensor issue for the 2009 Journey not starting up. For example, something like putting the car on neutral then being able to start it up I think I read(2009 Journey year.) 

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Yanely Hawkins said:

I too have the same issues, I am submitting a Consumer report through the Attorney General. I have had my started replaced and still the issue persisted. Afterwards I took it again and it was non-diagnostic and I was told they could not do anything about it. 

Good luck

Remember when this issue had maybe 3 or 4 solutions...the battery, the starter, the alternator, and maybe the ingnition switch? And most of the time you could jerry rig it and get it started anyway. Nowadays it could be those plus the neutral safety switch, the sensor on the engine, the sensor on the transmission, the sensor on the rear view mirror (you know what I mean), and so on and so on. TOO MANY ELECTRONICS!!!