2017 Journey GT

nash211

Well I finally got my journey complete with nice rims. My 2014 was very nice but never had nice rims, everything else but. The 2017 comes with a bit wider tire 225, I noticed it rides way smoother, quieter, handles about the same. So far the 2014 to the 2017 it is a plus for me. I am very happy with the 2017 so far. I bought some Nano wax from nanoprotex did the from bumper and rear bumper with it a noticeable difference than wax, allot slipper( repels water great and easy for bug removal on the front) , shiner than the other wax I put on the vehicle. Yes I used expensive wax on the vehicle as well. I did not know what to expect from the new nano stuff so only used on bumpers this time. They also have a leather conditioner works great. So she is shined up undercoated, hitch and ready to go, the front seats seem more comfortable as well. ++++

20170803_094414.jpg

Congrats on the new shiny ride. Going to get mine detailed in a couple of weeks, then just start doing it myself. Still trying to find decent supplies. I have never been one to really detail, or even go beyond just a wash and dry. I figured with this one I'd at least try to make an attempt. I have never really been a "car" guy, I just used cars like any other tool, make sure they were well maintained and they should run. Didn't abuse them, but did n't go out of my way to keep 'em "shiny and fresh". Time to make a change I guess. This vehicle has already got me looking at rims, fog lights, upgrading the radio/nav, and even tint on the front windows.

Edited by km-04

Great looking Journey.

Like km, I've resolved to maintain my DJ better than my last vehicles. Detail twice a year, and full car wash (inside and out) about every 3-4 weeks. Use to do it myself, but would spend way too much time trying to get it perfect. Enjoy your Journey.

• 4 months later...

Nice, I've found in my limited experience that the 19" Alloy rims are dawned with the most expensive cheap tires ever. Discount Tire sells Kumhos for it for 139$ each in my area, as opposed to 70$ on my old caravan's (16"? wheels)... let's just say after I got my first nail in a tire and realized the cost of replacement (Quoted at $250-$190 replaced and mounted as the cheapest option.) I got the 25$ per tire warranty Discount Tire offers for replacing side-wall impacts and blowouts not only at discount, but for reimbursements for other tireshops too.

Side note for OP: That's either the smallest toy model of the DJ I've ever seen, or the largest flower decoration of all time. What kind of exotic foliage are ya' guys growing up there!?1?

Edited by NavalLacrosse
clearification

3 minutes ago, NavalLacrosse said:

Nice, I've found in my limited experience that the 19" Alloy rims are dawned with the most expensive cheap tires ever. Discount Tire sells Kumhos for it for 139$ each in my area, as opposed to 70$ on my old caravan... let's just say after I got my first nail in a tire and realized the cost of replacement (Quoted at $250-$190 replaced and mounted as the cheapest option.) I got the 25$ per tire warranty Discount Tire offers for replacing side-wall impacts and blowouts not only at discount, but for reimbursements for other tireshops too.

Side note for OP: That's either the smallest toy model of the DJ I've ever seen, or the largest flower decoration of all time. What kind of exotic foliage are ya' guys growing up there!?1?

You had 19" wheels on your Caravan?

Just now, bramfrank said:

You had 19" wheels on your Caravan?

aahahaha in my dreams!. no, Sorry for the confusion, and not being more clear. I was referring to the 19" Wheels and factory sized tires on the DJ, when compared to the much more common sized, and less expensive tires (16"? idk.) alloys on my old caravan.