2014 - Both Fobs locked in Journey - What to do

I made a big mistake and need to see if there is any free ways to get my key fobs out of my journey with out having to spend money that i dont have on a lock smith. Bought the journey in 2014 with the military discount and all the videos i have watched say you cant lock your key fobs in the car. I dont have money on me because i am living off of disability checks from when i got hurt in afghanistan.

Is there any way to unlock it with the key fobs in in from outside, i have a appointment tomorrow and would like to have my wife drive me and not ask for rides from neighbors.

THANKS!!!!

Strange it locked with them in the car. You could always try the metal coat hanger trick and try to push the unlock buttoon or hook the pull handle. Otherwise, you are out of luck and are going to have to pay someone to do it for you, or, sweet talk a law enforcement officer to get it unlocked using their slim jim.  Lots of videos on you tube showing how easy it is using a coat hanger.

Edited by jkeaton

It's hard, but not at all impossible to lock your car with the fob inside - just press the lock button on the door handle 3 times and ignore the 3 blasts of the horn when doing it.

Unlocking will require a hangar  . . . when you get the fobs back make a copy of the key and keep it in a drawer in your home so you can get into the vehicle the next time you manage to do this.

Edited by bramfrank

I had no idea that you could override the system by trying to lock it 3x with the Fob inside.  I thought that it was impossible to do this.  BTW, I feel your pain trying to live off of VA Disability checks.  I have an appeal that I have been waiting on for 5 years.  I think that the VA is hoping I die so they don't have to pay.