Anyone Have a problem with the car not starting?

ValP

So what was code for the engine light? I could imagine this could be a manufacturer reminder to change a timing belt to prevent engine damage if it failed or some other important recommended maintenance. In that case, it's a good idea.

at that time the mazda had a timing chain and the check engine light would come on. and only the dealer could shut them off as far as we could find out it was just a non code and was safe to drive just as annoying as heck.but for a mere $100 they would shut it down...a 1/4" x 12" long drill bit fixed ours when we drilled down through the instrument cluster and into the bulb...no more light.

Edited by casey sohc

i like that idea but it wasn't offered when ours was new.

Ummm . . . yes, it was, though perhaps your dealer didn't bother mentioning it to you and I suspect you didn't ask.

OEM extended warranties have been around since at least the early 1980s. For the Chrysler family products I've owned I bought a plan for my then-new 2000 Chrysler LHS and for my 2011 Journey and for my 2014 Journey - same plan numbers, same coverage, different prices.

Even the darned brochure for the zero deductible plans hasn't been updated since 2002:

http://www.chryslercanada.ca/owners/en/pdf/max.pdf

Edited by bramfrank

could it be a no start from the transmission issue not recognizing Park? have you tried to start it in neutral ?

yup we tried it all...lock unlock...run around the car with a rubber glove on our heads...nothing works..but if you leave it alone in an hour it starts.i even keep a ratchet with socket to bar the engine over so the starter disengages...nope.

• 2 months later...

I have this same problem with my 2012. Was stuck in a gas station for over a half hour. Truck has full power, just won't start. After sitting that amount of time it finally took. Has happened off and on for he last year. Shop can't diagnose the problem at all. No codes, no lights, nothing. Usually it will go with a boost. Battery is less than a year old and has lots of juice.

• 1 year later...
On Thursday, September 11, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Journeyowner2009 said:

Hi

I own a 2009 Journey and I have been having starting issues for some time now. Usually when it won't start I move the shifter back and forth back to Park and then the car starts right up, not sure what that is and I have also taken my Journey to the dealer and they can never find anything wrong with it. Sometimes in hot weather seems to happen more often.

Same thing for us. First it was recall on the win module ( fob keys), then it was The neutral safety switch.

Have to go through neutral and pack to park again if it didn't start.