Lifting the Vehicle at a Certain Point to lift Both Wheels

Cdncooler

Hey guys,

Was looking through workshop-manuals.com for the Journey to find appropriate lifting points to lift the entire front wheels or rear wheels up. Anyways, I would previously just jack it up on the sides of the rail and stick jack stands at the pinch welds. But it gets pretty inconvenient to do it twice.

Essentially want to find a jack lift point, jack that lift point up once and throw in 2 jack stands at the sides of the vehicle so that I don't have to lift the vehicle twice to put on jack stands.

For example, on a Honda its pretty easy to do so as the clearly tell you a spot to jack up to raise both wheels.

On top of that the journey's front end is pretty wide, so the lower control arm is far away from the front of the vehicle.

http://workshop-manuals.com/dodge/journey_fwd/v6-3.5l/maintenance/vehicle_lifting/component_information/service_and_repair/

^^ On this link, where it shows the (3) it says to jack it up there to lift the entire vehicle?

Where do you guys put your floor jack to lift the vehicle ?

I use the control arm mounting point. I don't need to raise both at the same time.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vuf510ub3lz8vt8/Untitled.png?dl=0

Here is a pic under the journey in more details. If I were to jack somewhere near the green, it should be fine and safe raising the vehicle correct, thus lifting both wheels?

I always jack it about a foot back from the front jacking point, on the pinch weld. That gets both wheels in the air at the same time, then throw jack stands on the front and back. Never had a problem doing this, and I've done it on all of my prior vehicles this same way...