Brakes Class Action Lawsuit

Journeyluv

Does anyone know of a class action lawsuit against Dodge for premature brake pad and rotor wear? To me rotors and pads should not wear out before 30,000 miles.

I don't think you can sue for a part wearing out before it does on most cars, only problems that have caused injury/death

Take it to the dealer and and have it taken care of under the warrenty

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

my front brakes were down to 10% at 18,000km. Not pleased at all. I managed 6 years and 60,000km on my Mustang before having to do any brakes. Brakes are not under warranty unless there is a fault.

i had to replace my pads and rotors at 25,000 km...I also thought this was too early. I replaced the rears around 40k. I am at almose 70k now, and when i brake, it vibrates, no squeeling yet though.

• 1 month later...

i had to replace my pads and rotors at 25,000 km...I also thought this was too early. I replaced the rears around 40k. I am at almose 70k now, and when i brake, it vibrates, no squeeling yet though.

Hi All,

Today My dealer said that my "Breaker Problem" is caused for "Normal" wear and tear and have to change Pads, Rotors Including Brake Fluid for Whooping $550!! (After a gently 20% off of total price).

I have 38,000 Km and during the last inspection (Aug 8/10 - 35,000 Km) they never advice me about any abnormal situation with brakes; last week the clunky noise start after each break and now the diagnose was pads are completely worn out and the noise is due to metal-metal brake.

Is there any way I can request this service as a Warranty?? Is the Dealer accountable for the Rotors Damage?? If you guys have some information about this issue would be highly appreciated.

I found this link in Google that isrelated to this issue:

http://www.topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/774-dodge-journey-brake-class-action-lawsuit

Thanks,

My First Dodge.

• 2 weeks later...

The Minivan has the same brake as the Journey. Dodge extended the waranty on front brake pads and rotors for Minivan 'ONLY TO FIRST OWNER' for 3yr/36K miles. I wonder why they didn't do this for journey.

brakes are only covered for 1yr/12k miles. after that, you are paying off ur own pocket.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Today My dealer said that my "Breaker Problem" is caused for "Normal" wear and tear and have to change Pads, Rotors Including Brake Fluid for Whooping $550!! (After a gently 20% off of total price).

I have 38,000 Km and during the last inspection (Aug 8/10 - 35,000 Km) they never advice me about any abnormal situation with brakes; last week the clunky noise start after each break and now the diagnose was pads are completely worn out and the noise is due to metal-metal brake.

Is there any way I can request this service as a Warranty?? Is the Dealer accountable for the Rotors Damage?? If you guys have some information about this issue would be highly appreciated.

I found this link in Google that isrelated to this issue:

http://www.topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/774-dodge-journey-brake-class-action-lawsuit

Thanks,

My First Dodge.

My gas pedal broke off when I was at a dead stop accelerating pass a gravel truck. Not an nice feeling when you go from 50 - 0km to a gravel shoulder as the lane is ending. Luckily I wasn't on the highway and get rear ended at 110 by someone behind me. I brought it in and Dealer never heard of this before-ever! Anyways, they took pictures fixed under warranty as the truck has under 6000kms. They mentioned that this hard plastic (with no metal inners) is on every new vehicle...even the Challengers. 500 horse or whatever with a plastic gas pedal - makes do sense...a fatality waiting to happen. Glad I was alone & the kids/wife weren't there.

Had to drive to the Dealer with my big toe shoved under the steering wheel to where the gas pedal broke off. Took my own pictures too.

What to do.

• 3 months later...

The Minivan has the same brake as the Journey. Dodge extended the waranty on front brake pads and rotors for Minivan 'ONLY TO FIRST OWNER' for 3yr/36K miles. I wonder why they didn't do this for journey.

brakes are only covered for 1yr/12k miles. after that, you are paying off ur own pocket.

Our previous Journey (an '09) needed the front brake pads replaced at 22K in July of 2009 (we bought it in March 2008). Just this past January (2011) I called Chrysler Customer Assistance, obtained a case number and submitted the required paper work (service repair order and method of payment receipt). Within a week I received a check from Chrysler for what I spent on the brake service.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, I heard that the brake assist does a real number on the rotors and pads when in use.I have mine switched off on my 2008 Caravan.

Tha brake assist and the stability control both use the brakes to aid in vehicle control. Depending on how aggresive the system is ,and how /where you drive, varies the amount of brake wear. Some systems can even affect fuel economy in certain driving situations. Dodge has had an iffy reputation when it comes to brake quality control for a long time. I plan on upgrading to ceramic pads and better rotors when the time comes.

• 9 months later...

My name is Dr. Kelly. I bought a new 2010 Dodge Journey. At 10,160 miles I took the car into Southbay Dodge in Southern California for brakes issues. The brakes were squeeling and pulsing. They told me nothing was wrong and did no repairs. Within four months of this Dodge non-service, we took the car back into Southbay Dodge. Today the car has only 16,000 miles on it. Now they tell me all four rotors are warped and the brakes are gone. New brakes and rotors at 16,000 miles. This is an incredibly dangerous position Dodge is taking with our lives. I do not feel safe having my family in this vehicle. The pulsating of the brakes were so bad that the vehicle was very hard to drive.

I would like to join the class action suit against Chrysler. I'd also like information on the Lemon Laws in California regarding the Dodge Journey.

I didn't read all the posts above ,but in Canada I received notices from Chrysler for my 2008 Caravan and my 2010 Journey. They extended the warranty from 20000km to 40000km.I had to pay to have my front brake done on my Caravan after 20000km. When the extension came I got my money back.Of course I did the brakes on the Journey after 40000km.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 2010 Journey with 20000 miles and the back passenger caliper is frozen up...really heated up at the rim, caused some smoking and a bad smell...the wife was not pleased. Now I need to try to get it to the dealership. Hopefully the extended warrenty I purchased will cover the tow and the replacement. I know of one other person so far that this has happend too...anybody else?