Dodge Journey 2011 rotors.

In late 2012 FCA started using bigger rotors and calipers on the Journey. This was a response to complaints that the brakes were too small and would warp - interesting enough the factory brakes on my 2011 Journey were still good when I traded it at 54,000 miles - so it is likely partially a driver thing and the luck of the draw.

Note that you would need to change the rotors, calipers and brakes to upgrade. If you have 16 inch wheels you will also need to change them and the tires that are on them.

There is a post somewhere on the board, complete with photos of the conversion.

Edited by bramfrank

I agree with RTM and go with the better quality brakes instead!!

Personally, IDK if I would even bother doing an upgrade in a bigger brake on my 2011....I think I'm at the point of upgrading the vehicle instead. I just recently changed my rotors and pads with the Wagners. It's no big deal for me keeping the original brake setup even though they need replacing a little sooner than the bigger brakes found on the later models. Personally, I love doing brake work so having it done a little sooner is a real treat for me and for my kids who are learning how to do brakes. From now until my next brake change I just purchase brake parts bit by bit when they go on special and by the time I'm ready for my next change in a few years i'll have all the parts needed & purchased at a great price.

Edited by Journey_SeXT