Creaking,Snapping Sound

2012 R/T AWD,when i come to a stop while still in drive with my foot on the brake and turn the wheel both ways i get a snapping /creaking sound.

Also when i go over a speed bump in a parking lot with foot on the brake i get a slight scrapping sound ,but when i go over the speed bump without touching the brakes there is no sound.Had strut assembly replaced on both sides and both sway bar links have been done .Still have the sounds,any idea's ?

Edited by Unclemarker

2012 R/T AWD,when i come to a stop while still in drive with my foot on the brake and turn the wheel both ways i get a snapping /creaking sound.

Also when i go over a speed bump in a parking lot with foot on the brake i get a slight scrapping sound ,but when i go over the speed bump without touching the brakes there is no sound.Had strut assembly replaced on both sides and both sway bar links have been done .Still have the sounds,any idea's ?

Is it possible for you to have someone sit in the car with their foot on the brake, turning the wheel back and forth and you stand outside and try to pinpoint the sound? Edited by jkeaton

• 3 weeks later...

I had a different problem on my car. Problem was that my brake caliper was missing 1 of the copper shims that allow the pads to slide smoothly and keep them tight in the caliper - this caused more of a rattle than a scraping noise but was only noticeable over rough surfaces. Rather than replace the entire caliper, I managed to modify one from an old Toyota caliper.

Probably not your problem but can't hurt to check.