Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) Display Scratches

Devilzblood

Hi Guys,

Got this car back in Jan 5th of this year so it is still new. Yesterday as I was driving I noticed that the EVIC had a lot of streaks marks and dust so I decided to gently wipe the screen with some tissue. When I did that, I ended up leaving scratches that go from up to down on right side of the screen.

I am still unsure how since I was extremely gentle. Anything I can do? Or am I screwed.

Do note that the scratch lines only seem to be visible if Sun is directly hitting the display otherwise you can't seem to tell. Unfortunately my morning commute shines the sun at the display so I'd really like to try and fix it.

Thanks guys

I used Bausch+Lomb Sight Savers on both my screens. I have slight marks on the right side of the EVIC screen; no marks on the 8.4. The marks can only be seen in the sun.

Edited by dhh3

Go to your local optometrist and get a cleaning cloth and solution for anti-glare coated lenses - if it costs $5, I'd be surprised. The manufacturer of that coating recommends against things so abrasive as cotton t-shirts. If those cleaning cloths won't scratch that, they certainly won't scratch the instrument cluster plastic. And, if the cleaning solution clears up well enough for glass that sits less than an inch from your eye, it will certainly not leave any residue on the plastic.