Removing plastic rivets

redtomatoman

Ive used a wide flat blade screw driver or a small pry bar. Reused mine several times with no issues. Not to be a smart ass, but do you realize they are two parts? A "pin" for lack of a better term and a "receiver" ifyou will. Slip your screwdriver between the pin head and receiver and carefully pry down. Sometimes if you get it started you can get some long nose pilers behind the head and pull down....not that hard

Sorry, I was thinking of the single part type, the kind that are used on the bumper skin. Now that you mention the two-part deal, I remember that mine had philips heads on the center part, but they didn't hold anymore (kinda' stripped out), so I went to the hardware & got stainless screws just a bit larger. But I may still be thinking of some of the parts on a different vehicle, because I recently installed a factory hitch on my 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan, and you have to remove the rear skin to do the job. The Journey I worked on longer ago, when I replaced the battery. But not sure now which one I'm remembering.