Crankshaft Position Sensor?

oneeyeclosed

Hello,

I recently aquired a 2012 Journey. Upon getting it I noticed that the passenger side was blowing out cool/colder air when the heat was on. I contacted the dealership and they flushed the lines - problem still there. I took it back in and they ended up replacing the heater core. All was well until yesterday. Once before the check engine light came on and then briefly shut off, I didn't pay much attention to it. Yesterday after work I went to leave work and shortly after I pulled out, the light came back on. I noticed it starting to sputter and then the light started flashing. Oh shit. I pulled over and shut it off. Waited a couple minutes and started it back up, the light stayed on solid this time. I drove to Autozone to check it out and they gave me codes for P0300 - Multiple cylinder misfire and P0016 - Crankshaft position. The guy said it was probably the Crankshaft Position Sensor, so I picked one up, $15 no big deal. So I go out to swap it out and I have no idea where this thing is at and I cannot find any information about where it is. So, I stumbled across this site and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I'm not sure if the two would have any correlation to each other, but I tried to use my remote start this morning and it honked like normal so I figured it was on. I got out there and it was not running and hadn't started either. I figured maybe since the light was on it wouldn't work to prevent any damage? Thanks in advance and sorry for such a long first post.

2012 Dodge Journey SXT AWD 3.6L

i believe this has been discussed before look thru the threads in the forum and you will find what you are looking for. good luck and let us know how it comes out a lot of good info on this site.. look under engine transmission section page 2 all the info you need

Edited by 2late4u

i believe this has been discussed before look thru the threads in the forum and you will find what you are looking for. good luck and let us know how it comes out a lot of good info on this site.. look under engine transmission section page 2 all the info you need

I looked around earlier before posting, all the I could find was Camshaft sensor not Crankshaft.