7K Miles In

af3ll

Hello all,

I posted a while back before I ever took ownership of the car looking for advice. I really appreciate all of the answers and help all of you gave. My wife picked up our 2015 Dodge Journey while I was stuck in Japan around the beginning of September. She had good things to say about it and I was happy we picked out a car she liked.We got it for around $26K from Military Auto Source. I arrived back in the states I finally got a chance to drive it. These are the options we ordered:

FWD

Blacktop Package

V6 Engine

Sun and Sound Package

Navigation and Backup Camera

Third Row Seating

My wife put around 2K miles on the car. We took it from Kansas to Alabama to Kentucky and then to Missouri. I averaged around 26 to 27 MPG on the highway which is pretty good I thought. We're getting around 21 to 22 around the city. The car drives very smooth on the highway. I think the engine is more powerful than it needs to be honestly. I don't know how many times I squealed the tires haha. We used the third row a couple times with family. I decided to ride in the third row for a two hour trip back from a brewery. I get where people say it's a great third row in a pinch. I was fine for the trip, but don't know if I could stand it for more than 6 hours.

Overall I am very satisfied with the car so far. I'd recommend it to anyone. If any of you have any questions, please let me know. Thanks again for the help.

- Josh

post-10054-0-57089300-1449625463_thumb.j

looks great and looks like you got a great price on it. Welcome to the group and yes it really is a little bit overpowered, would get better mpg with a smaller v6 but its nice to have that pickup and go when you need it, be carefull you dont get a speeding ticket as you will not notice you are speeding with the great ride it gives... P.S. are you in the military and if so we all appreciate your service and take care..

Edited by 2late4u

Most impressive. What color is that? It looks almost black. Too bad your forced to put a plate on the front.

Granite I think was the name of the color. The picture might be a little dark since it was cloudy where we were that day. I completely agree with the plate. I left Kansas plates on our Fusion so I could keep the front open.

looks great and looks like you got a great price on it. Welcome to the group and yes it really is a little bit overpowered, would get better mpg with a smaller v6 but its nice to have that pickup and go when you need it, be carefull you dont get a speeding ticket as you will not notice you are speeding with the great ride it gives... P.S. are you in the military and if so we all appreciate your service and take care..

I've had to use cruise a lot. I'm out in country Missouri now and haven't seen too many cops. Thanks for the appreciation.

Nice Journey, nice review.

Thank you!

Bought mine new last summer. Around town driving started around 16 mpg, and has been slowing going up to 17, then 18, and is staying in the high 18's. I don't see how you are getting 21/22 in the city. On the highway I can get 35.6/36.5 - can't remember which one.

Bought mine new last summer. Around town driving started around 16 mpg, and has been slowing going up to 17, then 18, and is staying in the high 18's. I don't see how you are getting 21/22 in the city. On the highway I can get 35.6/36.5 - can't remember which one.

depends on how you drive when i goose it while driving in town driving ONLY and we have a small town about 4-5 lights i avg 17-19 but if i throw in some hwy cruising with it i avg 21-22 interstate driving depending on which way the elevation is 24-30 of course this is the evic readings which is never exactly right , the only real way to check your REAL mpg is to do several tanks of gas compared to you distance driven which most drivers very rarely check..if you are getting 35mpg you are not driving in a normal fashion if you have the 3.6 unless its all down hill and you are hyper-mileing.

Edited by 2late4u

I could not believe it either! I was on the loop around Columbus, Ohio, with the cruise set at around 73. 2 people, no luggage. I keep my EVIC set on fuel economy all of the time and try and keep it in the green.