2016 Crossroad Plus

Johnnyh

Will someone with a 2016 Crossroad Plus AWD tell me the exact badge wording on the rear of their SUV. I have on the left rear JOURNEY AWD. I have on the right CROSSROAD. I don't see plus but I don't know if it should say plus. I am having a situation where I was sold a Crossroad Plus but dealer isn't sure if its actually a Crossroad Plus. There were two things a Plus should have as options included but didn't on my car. Thanks

It should be REALLY simple to find out. Start by looking at the window sticker, as suggested. But if you don't have access to it (and even if you do, sometimes dealer will generate them locally, so that may not be 'real'), just check out the vehicle for the features that the 'plus' adds to the vehicle:

1. Front passenger seat doesn't fold flat? Not a plus

2. Cloth seats? Not a plus

3. Manual adjust driver's seat (as opposed to power)? Not a plus

4. If the seat cushion of the front passenger seat doesn't open for hidden storage you don't have a plus

5. If you don't have the convex interior observation mirror that drops out of the ceiling console . . . you don't have a plus

6. 4.3 inch display? Not a plus

If you have ANY of the above, you do not have a plus.

You have to wonder at a dealer that doesn't know what he has sold you. You have to wonder more, at the fact that he admits to this. Would he take back the vehicle and replace it with what you DID buy?

Edited by bramfrank

It should be REALLY simple to find out. Start by looking at the window sticker, as suggested. But if you don't have access to it (and even if you do, sometimes dealer will generate them locally, so that may not be 'real'), just check out the vehicle for the features that the 'plus' adds to the vehicle:

1. Front passenger seat doesn't fold flat? Not a plus

2. Cloth seats? Not a plus

3. Manual adjust driver's seat (as opposed to power)? Not a plus

4. If the seat cushion of the front passenger seat doesn't open for hidden storage you don't have a plus

5. If you don't have the convex interior observation mirror that drops out of the ceiling console . . . you don't have a plus

6. 4.3 inch display? Not a plus

If you have ANY of the above, you do not have a plus.

You have to wonder at a dealer that doesn't know what he has sold you. You have to wonder more, at the fact that he admits to this. Would he take back the vehicle and replace it with what you DID buy?

Does this Plus list hold true with the SXT Plus?? Only thing on the list that I don't have is leather and mine is a Plus...

OK. Keep in mind that some, it not all of these features can be added to a basic SXT, which is why I use the base model's features to define the fact that if you have them you CANNOT have a Plus. That you DO have them does not necessarily mean that you have a Plus, however:

1. If you don't have a 8.4" screen you don't have an SXT Plus

2. If you don't have Bluetooth you don't have an SXT Plus

3. If you don't have a leather-wrapped steering wheel and leather shifter knob it isn't an SXT Plus

4. If you don't have an overhead console . . . not an SXT Plus

5. If there are no illuminated vanity mirrors in the sun visors . . . it ain't an SXT Plus

6. If the front passenger seat isn't 'fold flat' or has no under-cushion storage . . . you are SXT 'plusless'
7. No power driver's seat w/power lumbar adjust? not an SXT Plus

8. No convex observation mirror in the overhead console? Nope. It isn't a plus.

If you are missing ANY of these features, you have a base SXT.

Then, there are certain options that are only available on the Plus (something I didn't get into with the previous post about the Crossroad):

1. If you have leather trimmed seats on your SXT it is a Plus

2. The Blacktop package is only available on the Plus

3. Factory-installed navigation is only on the Plus

4. If you have integrated booster seats it's a Plus

5. Rear seat video? A Plus!!

There is no such thing as Plug badging. Our SXT Plus has over the SXT (supposedly, don't quote me), 8.4A radio w/ BT streaming and sirius, leather-wrapped steering wheel (shifter is NOT leather-wrapped), trick front passenger seat, LED interior map and dome lighting. It's a 4-cyl Blacktop with cloth seats, nothing heated... we added remote start at the dealer. Only driver's window has one-touch down, no one-touch up (1st world problems when I get it from my R/T... sigh).

Mine SXT plus got the cloth but heated seats and steering wheel, seemed odd to have heated seats and no leather. To my knowledge when you have the leather wrapped steering wheel you also have the leather wrapped shifter.

The limited has heated cloth seats as standard and yes, the leather steering wheel comes with the leather wrapped shifter knob.

Thanks but I knew I had a plus. I just wanted to know if anyone has the word plus on the back. I am missing auto headlights and Homelink.

The term 'missing' implies that they were supposed to be there. They are both options on that model.

Edited by bramfrank

The Homelink was listed on the window sticker. The auto headlights were a feature listed on the Dodge website that stated the 7 differences between a crossroads and a crossroads plus. I printed both out and all I need to do Is be the squeak that doesn't go away and I will get them.

I have a leather steering wheel and a leather shifter. I also have stitched leather panels on all my doors, as well as stitched leather seats. The mistake I made was that seeing all this leather, I figured that it would at least have heated seats - not!

That sucks, the heated seats and wheel are nice features. So far I like my DJ. I think the front end is noisy over bumps.

Mine clunks once every morning when I back out of the garage. Front struts. Seems to be pretty normal around here.

Do you have a sunroof? That's the only thing I miss having.

I will probably get a sun roof sometime. The Factory Sunroofs are made by Infala, and a local custom shop in town installs Infala sunroofs.

I just went on the Dodge website to check out the 2015/16 Crossroads. Anyone purchasing a 2016 Crossroad is getting hosed, IMHO, in comparison to my 2014. As mentioned above, I have a leather shifter, leather steering wheel, stitched leather seats with mesh inserts, and stitched leather door panels. The 2016 Crossroad has cloth seats, the Crossroad Plus has the leather seats with mesh inserts (like mine), but to get the leather door panels you have to buy full leather seats for $995.00. I wonder why Dodge changed this?

Edited by dhh3

They do it because they are constantly looking for ways to cut costs.

And in Canada we get a completely different mix of features and fewer model variants . . . . no 6 cylinder CVPs or SE PLUS. No 4 cylinder Limiteds or Crossroads - no AWD CVPs, Limiteds or SXTs. No FDW R/Ts And we tend to get more 'stuff'. And if you factor in the exchange rates, we pay less - then again on a per capita basis Canada outsells the US by a factor of at least two to one.

And I don't think you can even get a 5 passenger Journey in any model above the CVP (the Canadian equivalent to the AVP) any more.

I thought you have a '14, by the way. At least that's what your profile indicates.

Edited by bramfrank

• 5 months later...

I will probably get a sun roof sometime. The Factory Sunroofs are made by Infala, and a local custom shop in town installs Infala sunroofs.

I just went on the Dodge website to check out the 2015/16 Crossroads. Anyone purchasing a 2016 Crossroad is getting hosed, IMHO, in comparison to my 2014. As mentioned above, I have a leather shifter, leather steering wheel, stitched leather seats with mesh inserts, and stitched leather door panels. The 2016 Crossroad has cloth seats, the Crossroad Plus has the leather seats with mesh inserts (like mine), but to get the leather door panels you have to buy full leather seats for $995.00. I wonder why Dodge changed this?

What do you mean by "leather door panels"? I just bought a 2016 Crossroad Plus with the leather seats/mesh inserts. I swear mine has leather door panels with the leather stitching. Its at the window tint shop right now, so I can't go look at it.