First accident

I had my first about a month ago. I backed into a truck, in a tight parking space. I was so concerned about the Caliber on my left side, I was not watching the truck on my right side. The truck was not in the view of the camera. I didn't realize it was there until I hit it. No damage to the truck, but I flattened the passenger side of my rear bumper! No metal damage. The only thing hurt was my pride. All fixed now. My Dealer did an excellent job matching the color. The first one is always the worst. I may have back up sensors installed; I can't figure why the truck was not in the camera's field of vision. It was not fully in its parking space.

Edited by dhh3

I had my first about a month ago. I backed into a truck, in a tight parking space. I was so concerned about the Caliber on my left side, I was not watching the truck on my right side. The truck was not in the view of the camera. I didn't realize it was there until I hit it. No damage to the truck, but I flattened the passenger side of my rear bumper! No metal damage. The only thing hurt was my pride. All fixed now. My Dealer did an excellent job matching the color. The first one is always the worst. I may have back up sensors installed; I can't figure why the truck was not in the camera's field of vision. It was not fulling in its parking space.

Don't get comfortable using those back up camera's . Nothing can replace using mirrors, your own eyes and turning your head . I have driven a school bus for 21 years and without a doubt mirrors and using your own eyes will never let you down ...

Edited by Billy Billy

I wonder if the insurance co will replace all the extra you have done to your Journey. am I seeing L.E.D halo lights on your journey or is that custom work on those head lights? if so man that will suck cause your have to redo all that ! Anyways at least everyone was ok and that def is good !

He has retrofitted projector headlights with halo's... Luckily, he did all the work himself, so he is only out a fraction of the cost of a purchased set.

I'll be getting aftsrmRket lights from eBay and I'll swap the projectors from those with better ones. My lights I made were worth 900. These after market are 750. So they better replace them. My appraisal guy said he has no problem ordering me the aftermarket ones I want. But I'm out all those man hours. And it was a Pontiac vibe I hit. 18/year old girl texting!

They are an OEM manufacturer for many brands, and they also make replacements, like the ones in the picture. I had a halo/projector set on my Nitro and never had an issue. But, they cost around $250; not $750+ like these. The cost will come down if they sell more, but I'm not paying that for a set of lights. Besides, I think they look tacky, like all the LED DRLs on the new Cadillacs. TACKY! They are are a reputable brand, that's all.

So insurance company orderd me a set of anzo headlights. ^^^ pic number two. I'll be changing a few things. Taking these shitty projector bowls out and replacing them with mini h1 bowls and also taking the frosted projector lense out and replacing it with my clear lenses I have. And also adding a halo like I had before