Remote start question

A lot of cars have the option to use another button or combination of buttons on a non-remote start fob...is this a possibility for the DJ?

My dealer installed an aftermarket starter with a 3000' range and audible feedback, so I have an extra fob slightly larger than a quarter attached to my oem fob...

As far as I'm concerned, the fact that the radio has the remote start options indicates it has the sales code is enabled . . . . and the build sheet claims it has remote start according to the OP.

Somewhere along the way the FOBs were changed - and the basic FOB may (or may not) have different firmware than the one with the remote start feature. But it doesn't have the buttons to control it . . .

So either way, the OP will need new FOBs and maybe even a new RF hub, because maybe a dealer did a repair along the way and installed the non-remote hub to effect the repair for some reason - those kits come with FOBs and cost about $250 (you can find them for less and, considering how much FCA charges just for a single FOB, buying a kit might make sense).

He'll need to figure out what he has and what he needs to get where he wants to be; FOBs only or whether he also needs an RF hub - perhaps there's a record somewhere of a warranty claim on the hub, which might explain why the vehicle claims to have remote start but the FOBs don't . . . . it could be that the vehicle's original owner simply lost the FOBs and they bought the cheapest replacement (as in without the remote start buttons - or maybe they didn't realise it had remote start . . . who knows?).

Either way this isn't going to be something resolved without new hardware.