Oye, it's almost THAT season.....l.

hockey_puck

Finished raking the bloody leaves. 55 of those recycleble paper bags full. Started putting a good coat of Meguiar's on Big Red. Hood, roof, tailgate, and one side done. Finish today. Inside windows cleaned. Floor liners ready to go in for winter, and the very last thing to change is the tires. I wait till I'm in the mood in November to put on the Blizzaks. I see the weather gods predict a milder/dryer than normal winter for us Prairie folk. Figures. Have tickets for Honolulu in January. Weeks without hockey. How will I survive?

Finished raking the bloody leaves. 55 of those recycleble paper bags full. Started putting a good coat of Meguiar's on Big Red. Hood, roof, tailgate, and one side done. Finish today. Inside windows cleaned. Floor liners ready to go in for winter, and the very last thing to change is the tires. I wait till I'm in the mood in November to put on the Blizzaks. I see the weather gods predict a milder/dryer than normal winter for us Prairie folk. Figures. Have tickets for Honolulu in January. Weeks without hockey. How will I survive?

There's a rink that has pick up shinny on the main island...

• 5 weeks later...

Supposed to finally be more like the great lakes this weekend... between that and the warm weather we've been having, I keep picturing the Robot Chicken skit of the gummy bear dancing and singing (enjoying beautiful weather), and then stepping into a bear trap (winter weather) screaming/cursing.

Time for metro Detroiters to go from driving too slow to crawling an inch at a time in their Range Rovers and Escalades.