rear facing car seats to big?

mercrae

Hello all, I have a 2013 Journey R/T and also have 2 children. One is 7 and only needs the booster seat which is no problem, but the other is 8 months and needs a rear facing seat. All of the seats we have tried have been way to big both width and length wise. Has anyone run into this before and if so what seats have you had success with? Thank you!

Welcome to the forum. There are numerous threads on the forum concerning car seats.

Thank you for the welcome! I had hoped that there would be, but am unfortunately not very versed with how forums work so I figured this was the best place to start. Any direction you could point me in would be extremely helpful.

I had one in mine for a couple years and the best place

I found for rear facing was behind the front passenger

seat.

You can move the passenger seat all the forward then

once you have baby seat anchored to you satisfaction

move the passenger seat back until it helps stabilize

the baby seat from wiggling back and forth.

We have a 5, 3, and almost 1/2 year old. The 5 year old sits in the third row in a booster...he climbs in and out no problem. In front of him (behind the driver seat) is the 5 month old in the infant seat rear facing. We don't have any problem fitting the infant rear facing seat or the clip on base. Behind the passenger is the 3 year old in the convertible car seat forward facing. No problems with her fitting there. The only issue I could see is if you have one of those giant convertible seats rear facing, then it would take up a ton of room. Is that the type of rear facing car seat you have? We like the graco infant seats since you can easily clip/unclip the car seat from the base.

• 2 months later...

3 kids here too. We can fit all of them in the second row with the 15 month old behind the passenger seat and it isn't even all the way forward. He's in a Peg Perego without a base (belt goes over the top in notches designed for that use). My oldest son is in a fairly slim booster seat in the middle and my middle daughter is in a cheap Walmart front facing seat behind the driver. My son sometimes prefers the back. I sure do as they're hard to get buckeled when sitting next to each other. ;)

Edited by QuarterSwede