Does my journey have an alarm?

My window sticker doesn't mention alarm, and I do not have any blinking light. The blinking red light should indicate an alarm. Possibly the alarm doesn't set when you leave the window open.

BTW, where is the light?

Edited by dhh3

Does the light flash when you lock the doors with the button in the door handle?

That light comes on when I initially start the car, but it does not blink when the engine is off and the doors are locked. No alarm for me, as per window sticker.

Edited by dhh3

So today I noticed as I locked I used the button on the handle the light flashes fast for about 30 seconds and after that it goes to a normal type of flash. Today I'll play with it see if I can make it go off.

Could it be a type of immobilizer and not a honk type alarm?

From the User's Guide:

THEFT ALARM
To Arm:
• Press the Keyless Enter-N-Go™ Start/Stop button until the Electronic Vehicle Informa-
tion Center (EVIC) indicates that the vehicle ignition is “OFF”. Press the power door lock
switch while the door is open, press the Key Fob LOCK button, or with one of the Key Fobs
located outside the vehicle and within 5 ft (1.5 m) of the driver's and passenger front door
handles, press the Keyless Enter-N-Go™ LOCK button located on the door handle.
NOTE:
After pressing the Keyless Enter-N-Go™ LOCK button, you must wait two seconds before
you can lock or unlock the vehicle via the door handle.
To Disarm:
• Press the Key Fob UNLOCK button or with one of the Key Fobs located outside the vehicle
and within 5 ft (1.5 m) of the driver's and passenger front door handles, grab the Keyless
Enter-N-Go™ door handle and enter the vehicle, then press the Keyless Enter-N-Go™
Start/Stop button (requires at least one valid Key Fob in the vehicle).
The alarm system will arm if you use the keypad on the armrest or the key fob/fobic. It will not arm if you have a key and use the door lock cylinder or if you manually push each door's lock plunger. IIRC, besides the lights flashing and horn blowing, that some models (high end) of the FMC (feels funny using that instead of MOPAR) line also included shifter locks and fuel pump interlocks; effectively disabling the car from being hotwired. I don't know which specific models included those features or, even if it is still valid, but, vaguely remember reading about it somewhere...

So I have to press all 3 lock buttons? Seems a little much lol.

No.

You can do any of the three; Lock the door with the FOB, with the button on the handle, or simply by locking the door with the lock switch on the armrest as you exit the vehicle.

It is essentially a passive system.

And the vehicle has an immobiliser, whether it has an alarm or not. That is a requirement of ALL vehicles manufactured for sale in North America after some specific date long past . . . . so it is going to he a horn honking and light flashing alarm - in fact it would need to be, by definition, since an 'immobiliser' is not an 'alarm'. An alarm is an alerting system.

Edited by bramfrank