HELP, Rear Cargo Hook Loops

redtomatoman

One of my rear cargo hook loops has broken. Its totally loose, spinning around, and barely hanging on. I want to try to remove it and replace it with a new one. It doesn't seem to want to come out though. I don't want to do more damage trying to remove the thing. Anyone know how to remove it and somewhere to get a new one? (I am assuming the dealer can get me one but I also assume it will be exceedingly expensive) I carry a lot of gear and use gear nets attached to those metal loops. I don't want it to fail when I'm relying on it during my next trip.

I'm hoping someone has access to the part blow up diagram, part number, and possibly some insight into how to remove it.

Peace.

As far as I can tell it is held in place using a pop rivet . . . . you'll need to drill it out and to put in a new one (though you'd be well advised to back it up with a large washer).

That means removing the panel. It isn't hard to do, but it is best done with a set of trim sticks.

Thanks larryl. It is indeed secured with a screw. I hadn't realized that the plastic was a cover for the screw. I assumed it was a one piece part. I was able to pop open the plastic and tighten the screw. I feel a little silly that I didn't realize that from the beginning. Thanks again. Easy fix.

Peace.