Thanks for the legal aspect of answering my question. I didnt know any of that. Now hoping to hear from others that may have done it, to spite the legal ramifications if its possible. I did see a site that had what they said were OEM dvd headrests for the DJ but it was for the 11-14 year models. How different are those years compared to the 15. I can find that out but has nobody ever done. I probably should have also said i never planned to cut up my stock headrests and put dvd players in them. Yes i meant to swap them with headrest units that were made with them in them.

Yeah i have seen those. But the only way i would do it is if it looks like it came that way and not walmart strap on to the back of your chair with the bulky dvd player look. Well i guess i may have to be a pioneer. Im not to overly concerned about the headrest as the star safety feature as i feel the seat belt does more work to save me in the event of an accident. I can see that now, Me bragging in the hospital that the headrest is the only reason i survived my head on crash. Or my side swipe, t-bone or rear end collision. lol... :2thumbs: ha ha. Thanks for taking the time to answer though.

I hear ya. I grew up driving riding and driving in cars that had lap belts only...and hardly ever wore them...I lived. Heck, in 1976, my mom and dad decided to drive across the country pulling a camper in our station wagon. I rode the entire way in the back of the station wagon. Never belted the entire way...lol

LOL done that too. From California to Va in an Rv with no seat belt. My home boy right now has a restored but custom 70 something impala that has only lap belts. First time I rode in it we got pulled over because I guess the cop didn't think we had on seat belts.

Thanks for the legal aspect of answering my question. I didnt know any of that. Now hoping to hear from others that may have done it, to spite the legal ramifications if its possible. I did see a site that had what they said were OEM dvd headrests for the DJ but it was for the 11-14 year models. How different are those years compared to the 15. I can find that out but has nobody ever done. I probably should have also said i never planned to cut up my stock headrests and put dvd players in them. Yes i meant to swap them with headrest units that were made with them in them.

the 15 is the same as the 11-14... pre-2011 are able to be modified as the don't have the SRS system in the headrest. Maybe the listing was incorrect? All the headrest does is pop the front forward in an accident to help absorb the shock to your head hitting the headrest (whiplash??). I have only seen this done on the pre-2011 models. The add on ones don't look terrible if you install it correctly and don't cheap out. In fact, you could probably hard mount one to the plastic on the back of the headrest from the inside... If you do it, you best post info and pics!!

I use my iPhone6 for GPS. I got a thought today - why not use the iPad? Went to BestBuy.com, and there are all kinds of really neat looking hangers for the back of the headrests. There is a cool mount for my iPad on the dash, but it requires sticking a magnet to the back. I have to give this some thought.

• 3 years later...

b jI just ripped apart the headrests in my DC so that I wouldn't have to look at the SRS light. So everything is still connected. I'm about to install the DVD headrests tomorrow. I seeing a lot of lawsuits against fca for the headrests. I'm sure as long as the SRS isn't active before any accidents insurance wouldn't give two what's about it anyway

11 hours ago, Jettlax3 said:

b jI just ripped apart the headrests in my DC so that I wouldn't have to look at the SRS light. So everything is still connected. I'm about to install the DVD headrests tomorrow. I seeing a lot of lawsuits against fca for the headrests. I'm sure as long as the SRS isn't active before any accidents insurance wouldn't give two what's about it anyway

Good luck. Post pictures.