2015 Journey 2000 mile trip report- Now at 5100 miles

RetiredChief

9 days/2003 miles on my 2015 Journey.

Highway mpg average: 29.6 mpg ( 2 adults, 200 lbs of luggage and 1 each 115 lb. dog)

City mpg average: 22.2 mpg with 4 adults

To say that I am pleased would be a understatement.

The Journey handled great, comfortable ride. The cruise control works the best of any vehicle I

have ever owned.

Again, the 2.4 engine doesn't deserve the bad reviews it gets. For my needs it performs flawlessly.

The only observation is that the AM side of the radio just doesn't receive as well as the older units.

Much of that is attributed to the antenna design and the I am sure the receiver specifications are not

as good. The FM side is just fine and works wonderfully.

I enjoying listening to talk radio on the AM side on long trips. But, it is what it is. lol.

:yahoo:

Nice write up. I have the V6 and was on the loop around Columbus, Ohio. Cruise set to 72, and it was reading either 36.5, or 35.6. Awesome with two adults in the car. I have 7,800 miles, so it is still breaking in. My DJ is getting 2x the mileage of my Nitro!

Great report and I'm not surprised at the gas mileage. I have also had great mileage and many other forum members have had the same experience. There have been a few who have complained about terrible gas mileage, but the numbers they report make me question if they have done it correctly. It certainly doesn't reflect the majority of the forum members experiences. As far as the bad reviews for the 2.4, I think it's actually a matter of preference. My brother-in-law has the 2.4 as well and couldn't be happier! Happy motoring!!!!

I've stated before, the 2.4 we had in our 09 was a capable engine if you understand its limits. The pnly engine related issue we had in the 4 years and 80,000 miles we put on it was an intake runner valve malfunction, which was covered under our extended warranty. There is no comparing it to the V6 though in terms of "get up and go". Mileage is about the same. What I could not stand about the 2.4 was the agonizingly long time it took to get up to speed. :)

The one thing I have learned with the 2.4 on acceleration is that the power curve

comes on at around 4000 rpm and up.

So, when I need the extra acceleration (such as getting on the interstate), as soon as

I make my turn onto the ramp I push it up into the power band in first gear.

On a average length acceleration ramp I am well into the 60-65 mph range to merge

onto the highway with no issues. Yes it takes a little longer than the V6, no doubt. And if

you are trying to go from 30 or 35 mph to 65 it does take a little more time.

It's a learning curve. Maybe the next Journey will be the SRT version..... :cool: