2009 SE reverse lights not working

I'm getting power at the fuse box under hood but no power at the rear reverse light sockets. what could this be? could it be the range/neutral switch? I'm not having any issues with my gear shift / center console area just no lights on back up. I've looked at the wires at my hatch boot area to see if any wires were frayed but no luck ...

any help is appreciated !

-glenn

Edited by GLENN37216

Appreciate the feedback guys . tried resetting the computer by disconnecting terminals but no luck . it's the range switch that's bad. a mere 60,000 miles on this thing and its given me more trouble than my other two cars/SUV that have 100,000 + miles on them COMBINED. should've listened to my local dodge mechanic at the dealer when I bought it. He said journey's are a pos (including the new ones)and he was right. nothing but trouble out of this DISATEROUS JOUNEY. replaced brakes & rotors 2x (high performance slotted rotors) , ac problems.. rattling alternator pulleys ... arrg ! done with this thing. off to the dealer tomorrow to trade it in on a more reliable vehicle.

guess I'll close out this account now.. no need for it .. :]

thanks again for the effort on the help guys.

Edited by GLENN37216

Appreciate the feedback guys . tried resetting the computer by disconnecting terminals but no luck . it's the range switch that's bad. a mere 60,000 miles on this thing and its given me more trouble than my other two cars/SUV that have 100,000 + miles on them COMBINED. should've listened to my local dodge mechanic at the dealer when I bought it. He said journey's are a pos (including the new ones)and he was right. nothing but trouble out of this DISATEROUS JOUNEY. replaced brakes & rotors 2x (high performance slotted rotors) , ac problems.. rattling alternator pulleys ... arrg ! done with this thing. off to the dealer tomorrow to trade it in on a more reliable vehicle.

guess I'll close out this account now.. no need for it .. :]

thanks again for the effort on the help guys.

Dealer said it was a pos yet you still bought it....hmmmm..., soooo, K, Bye!! Dont let the door hit you on the way out...... :lol:

I would lock this thread but I know how much you guys like to talk smack to the naysayers. He's closed his account (which he cannot do, by the way)....have at it.

Edited by jkeaton

Dealer said it was a pos yet you still bought it....hmmmm..., soooo, K, Bye!! Dont let the door hit you on the way out...... :lol:

I would lock this thread but I know how much you guys like to talk smack to the naysayers. He's closed his account (which he cannot do, by the way)....have at it.

Thanks for thinking about us!!!

OP, Have you considered a Honda or maybe a Toyota?? Those things are like gold and they never have issues. Or, maybe keep it simple and get a bicycle...there are a lot less components that could fail on one of those.

I think that he would do well with a Prius. It screams, "Look at me! I'm green". Ugly POS, IMHO. Rolling toxic waste dump. What do you do with the old batteries?

Put them in the landfill and let people 3 generations from now figure it out since they will still be sitting there.