Trim issues

Robber33

I'm on my second journey now. Had a 2012 SXT and now have a 2014 Blacktop. I love the journey it's a great all purpose car for me. One thing I'm really noticing though is fit and finish are not up to snuff. The door sills on my 12 all had to be replaced . . . twice, three times on the passenger rear. and the window sill trim on the outsides had to be replaced because of warping and bubbling. I also had to replace the rocker panel because it wasn't properly attached. Now with the 2014 having not had it a full year, I'm noticing bubbling and warping on the driver side rear window sill, and the trunk sill is pulling up. I can't be the only one, can I? Otherwise I love the car and how it fits me, but I want to keep it nice as well...

• 4 weeks later...

We have a 2014 Limited. We have had the rubber seals on both the driver's and passenger's rear doors replaced. They started to warp immediately. I am in the desert so I figured it was because i park out in the sun, but my husband researched and found this was an issue with the vehicle. Dealer replaced, no questions asked. It will probably happen again and we will replace before the warranty runs out. Hopefully Dodge will have figured it out by then.

We have a 2014 Limited. We have had the rubber seals on both the driver's and passenger's rear doors replaced. They started to warp immediately. I am in the desert so I figured it was because i park out in the sun, but my husband researched and found this was an issue with the vehicle. Dealer replaced, no questions asked. It will probably happen again and we will replace before the warranty runs out. Hopefully Dodge will have figured it out by then.

Since you have had this done under warranty, you should be covered after your warranty expires because it has been noted in your vehicles history.

I had the same thing with my Journey and had them replaced two months into ownership. 21/2 years, so far, so good. It could simply have been a flaw in the material at the time.

Edited by rolly

• 3 weeks later...