New to this

Journey Bound

:love_shower: Hi Everyone....Im new to this forum and wanted to introduce myself. Call me Journey Bound. I love my Journey and the vehicle has the perfect name with all the conveniences of a dash fridge, floor coolers etc. I live in Ontario, Windsor to be precise. I joined the forum because I am beginning to have issues with my 2010 SXT. It has 125,000 kms. Just recently, I noticed I have a loud audible CLUNK when putting the transmission into drive from reverse. I assure I come to a complete stop before shifting. Does anyone know the reason for this? It scares the hell out of me. I purchased the vehicle cash, on my own. I have low self esteem after being abused in my marriage so, purchasing this vehicle with cash and on my own made me feel better about myself. Dont mean to give my life history but this meant a great deal to me. I am beginning to think my ex was right. I cant do anything right. I have had the Journey for under 8 months, purchasing it in January 2015. Thanks :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud:

Clunks from the transmission are a common annoynance. It's been discussed in depth many times. If you think there is an issue, hopefully you got a warranty and you should take it to your servicing dealer. My dealer told me the clunking was completely normal. Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

Here's a quick test for your "clunking" when shifting:

On level ground, engine running, shift to Neutral while keeping your foot on the

brake. Then shift into D. If the clunk is reduced, what you are feeling is the takeup or

a slight amount of slack in the driveline.

Remembering that a automatic transmission is nothing more than a hydraulic pump, and

when changing directions of oil flow, a certain amount of "clunk" or thump is normal.

More pronounced in some vehicles than others depending on the design of the engine and

transmission mount system. Unless you start to experience odd noises while in motion, or

on acceleration, I wouldn't be overly concerned.

If you still feel uneasy about it, have a reputable shop take look.

Cars are mechanical objects. Don't beat yourself up over it. Hope you get many

enjoyable miles (or Km) out of your Journey.

Thanks everyone, your words are assuring to me. To Brian....I am glad to hear at least 3 of us live in Windsor. A get together would be a great way to discuss our Journeys. I moved to Windsor in February from Kingston would be a great way to expand my friend base. I do not know anyone here and would like to explore the area. Are you on Facebook? Would you like to do a friend request? If so, I can send a message with my full name.