I had to take a short trip to New Jersey last week. A friend of mine went with me. I turned on my left signal light for passing a car, and then the right one for going back in my lane. For some reason, the signal light did not self cancel. All of a sudden my friend noticed a picture of the front of the car on the small center screen. I saw the image of the car with the right front signal light blinking and a warning to turn it off. First time in a year of ownership that I ever saw this. Anyone else seen this?

I can't even remember the last time I forgot to cancel a turn signal. I know most cars in the last decade or so will have a warning chime if you leave the turn signal on for some distance (usually at least half a mile). There isn't much difference between a chime and an animation on an EVIC screen. For lane changes, I usually just tap the multi-function arm for the 3 flashes of the lights. Unless it's bad traffic. Then I have to actually fully depress the arm and wait 5 minutes to finally get someone who is willing to let me over.

More than likely, that won't do anything. Those turn signal warnings are typically for when the vehicle has travelled at some combination of distance, time, and speed. Sitting in the driveway is no different than waiting at an extraordinarily long red light.

And there it is. Page 231 of the '15 Owner's Manual (I know, strange place to find this information, isn't it?)

A “Turn Signal On” message will appear in the Electronic

Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) and a continuous

chime will sound if the vehicle is driven more

than 1 mile (1.6 km) with either turn signal on.

More than likely, that won't do anything. Those turn signal warnings are typically for when the vehicle has travelled at some combination of distance, time, and speed. Sitting in the driveway is no different than waiting at an extraordinarily long red light.

And there it is. Page 231 of the '15 Owner's Manual (I know, strange place to find this information, isn't it?)

A “Turn Signal On” message will appear in the Electronic

Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) and a continuous

chime will sound if the vehicle is driven more

than 1 mile (1.6 km) with either turn signal on.

What is this "Owner's Manual" you speak of? These words make no sense together...

• 7 months later...

Took the DJ for its yearly inspection. They said the left turn signal turns on but does not stay on and I have a torn motor mount right side?

I was taken back by hearing this. I never realized this. Going to take a look at it today.

Did you tell them a turn signal is not supposed to stay on? It blinks.....Depending on year and mileage, it's not unheard of for a motor mount to fail. They are made of rubber.

When I bought my 14/blacktop last September I went for a night ride got out to take a look at it and drool and noticed my passenger side parking light was not working, the blinker worked but not te parking light,not even 24 hours of ownership and I needed a new wire harness, still have the issue if I use led turn signal bulbs, but with the regular incandescent bulbs it's fine so that tells me there is still an issue on the passenger side, I'll probably take in my journey before my warranty is up like a day or two before lol and get the grand Cherokee rt. I know those are expensive but it's way better and nicer than the journey. Had one for a few weeks as a rental and instantly fell in love, it made my DJ feel like a amatures choice of suv