Windshield washer sprayer not working on front window

Trains123

I have a 2013 DJ AWD it has 33,000mi on it and the front window washer don't work, the resivore is full and it sounds like the washer pump is working. What could the issue be. I will have my dealer take a look at on next oil change. But I'd like to know if someone else has experienced this issue and know what the problem is so I could fix it before I take to the dealer. I live about 45 min away from the dealer I deal with, so I wouldn't want to make a special trip.

Pop the hood and look (get an assistant to run the washer). If you can hear the pump and the rear washer works, then it's most likely a problem with the lines in the front (clogged or cracked) - unless there are two pumps (I don't know). Running the pump while the hood is open will tell you where the problem is if it's cracked (it will be before any potential split in the line to feed both sides, otherwise you'd only have a problem with one of them).

Pop the hood and look (get an assistant to run the washer). If you can hear the pump and the rear washer works, then it's most likely a problem with the lines in the front (clogged or cracked) - unless there are two pumps (I don't know). Running the pump while the hood is open will tell you where the problem is if it's cracked (it will be before any potential split in the line to feed both sides, otherwise you'd only have a problem with one of them).

Excellent advice. Open the hood and look....

FYI: The pump runs in one direction for the front and the opposite direction for the rear.

That being the case, and assuming there are no obvious leaks in the hoses or clogged nozzles, it would have to be a broken gear inside the pump housing. In that case, remove and replace. Given that the owner should still be under warranty, it makes the call easier. It also helps to tell the dealership what's going on when scheduling the appointment to bring it in - you can give them a good idea as to what part to order in advance and save everyone some hassle in the process.

Ok, so it's something simple (always a good thing!) You can take it to the dealer, and wait until your next oil change, and have no front windshield washer until then. Or you can go get a cheap plastic tee from any random auto parts store nearby (or online) for less than $5 and fix it now. It's a plastic tee where the flow from the pump splits to either side of the hood for each nozzle - you don't need a Mopar component to do that job.

The full assembly from the dealer (they don't have just that tee) is 5116306AF - it's $10 from the first source I found. It includes all of the hoses from that tee up to the nozzles. Just get a plastic tee from whatever auto parts store or hardware store happens to be near you and be done with it. Take off the broken pieces, find one that matches, and install it. Shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes.

Edited by bfurth