SIGN OF LOW BATTERY

hi guys,, i went to check my 2011 DJ,, and they said that i had a low battery sign,, if i had a chance i will replce it on my own,, the question is,, after i've done it, is there a system reset for everthing connected?is there a concern about the battery replacing on DIY? thanks guys

REMOVAL

WARNING

To protect the hands from battery acid, a suitable pair of heavy duty rubber gloves should be worn when removing or servicing a battery. Safety glasses also should be worn.

WARNING

Remove metallic jewelry to avoid injury by accidental arcing of battery current.

CAUTION

The negative battery cable remote terminal (2) must be disconnected and isolated from the remote battery post (1) prior to service of the vehicle electrical systems. The negative battery cable remote terminal can be isolated by using the supplied isolation hole (3) in the terminal casing.

GUID-08-051-001-92732.gif

1. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable remote terminal from the remote battery post.

GUID-02-010-016-91244.gif

2. Remove the left front wheel and tire assembly (Refer to Tires and Wheels - Removal).

NOTE

Gasoline battery shown, diesel battery similar.

GUID-08-051-001-2449846.gif

Remove the push pins (1) and remove the left front wheelhouse splash shield (2) (Refer to Body/Exterior/SHIELD, Splash - Removal)(Refer To List 1).

GUID-08-051-001-2237294.gif

Loosen the nut (1) and position the battery hold down bracket out of the way (3).

GUID-08-051-001-2237548.gif

Loosen the pinch clamp bolts and position aside the battery cable clamps from the battery.

GUID-08-051-001-2450579.gif

Remove the battery (1) from the battery tray (2).

INSTALLATION

WARNING

To protect the hands from battery acid, a suitable pair of heavy duty rubber gloves should be worn when removing or servicing a battery. Safety glasses also should be worn.

WARNING

Remove metallic jewelry to avoid injury by accidental arcing of battery current.

CAUTION

The negative battery cable remote terminal (2) must be disconnected and isolated from the remote battery post (1) prior to service of the vehicle electrical systems. The negative battery cable remote terminal can be isolated by using the supplied isolation hole (3) in the terminal casing.

GUID-08-051-001-2450579.gif

1. Install the battery (1) into the battery tray (2).

GUID-08-051-001-2237548.gif

2. Install the battery terminal pinch clamps (1, 2) onto the battery posts. (Tighten to the proper torque specification).

GUID-08-051-001-2237294.gif

Position back the battery hold down bracket (3) and install the bracket nut (1). (Tighten to the proper specification).

GUID-08-051-001-2449846.gif

Install the left front wheelhouse splash shield (2) and push pins (1) (Refer to Body/Exterior/SHIELD, Splash - Installation)(Refer To List 1).

GUID-02-010-016-91244.gif

Install the left front wheel and tire assembly (Refer to 22 - Tires and Wheels - Removal).

GUID-08-051-001-92732.gif

Install the negative battery cable remote terminal onto the remote battery post. (Tighten to the proper specification).

hi guys,, i went to check my 2011 DJ,, and they said that i had a low battery sign,, if i had a chance i will replce it on my own,, the question is,, after i've done it, is there a system reset for everthing connected?is there a concern about the battery replacing on DIY? thanks guys

By disconnecting the battery you will be doing a system reset.

You won't however loose your presets on the radio.

did mine on my 2011 it was not to hard but remove the tire makes it a lot easier also one of the cables that connect to the battery was at a 45 degree offset and was a different size nut that i remember which was about 1.5 yrs ago . but no sweat take your time and save some money P.S. beware of sharp edges lol

Edited by 2late4u