Hi from sunny Southern Ontario

BrianS

Welcome to the forum. Heated power seats and steering wheel, backup camera, 8.4 inch screen, 3.6 (amazing engine) The GPS works great, but I'm not sure I would order again- does not come with lifetime updates. Consider purchasing the extended warranty because of all the electronics.

If you find one you like and it does not have heated seats, be aware that heated seats can no longer be added as a Mopar accessory. Heated seats are now part of the Uconnect system! WHY? If it ain't broke, why fix it?

Hi Rolly. We could be neighbours... I'm in Windsor as well.

Made "the deal" on one tonite. No NAV or rear seat video... wasted options IMHO as no kids in the back seat anymore, and no NAV as you pointed out, no updates. I have a Garmin already... and it was a LOT cheaper, :)

This one has backup camera, heated seats and wheel, auto temp control, rear heat/ac controls, engine oil cooler(If the salesman was truthful constitutes the tow package??) power drivers seat, front underseat storage, 7 passenger seating and probably a few more things I missed.

Brian

• Official Dodge Support

Hi folks. SWMBO and I are thinking of purchasing an '15 Journey. Just wondering what options everyone has found to be the most useful.

Thanks

Brian

BrianS,

Welcome to the forum!

Id' recommend visiting one of the local dealers here in the Windsor area and test drive a new Journey.

This way you'll be able to test a few out and see what your needs may be as far as accessories and options go.

Good luck with your search !!!

Hi Rolly. We could be neighbours... I'm in Windsor as well.

Made "the deal" on one tonite. No NAV or rear seat video... wasted options IMHO as no kids in the back seat anymore, and no NAV as you pointed out, no updates. I have a Garmin already... and it was a LOT cheaper, :)

This one has backup camera, heated seats and wheel, auto temp control, rear heat/ac controls, engine oil cooler(If the salesman was truthful constitutes the tow package??) power drivers seat, front underseat storage, 7 passenger seating and probably a few more things I missed.

Brian

I'm not surprised you live in Windsor. I'm amazed at how many Journeys are on Windsor/Essex roadways. Welcome to the club!

Hi dhh3. We miss you on the Nitro forum Dave.

Brian

Hi Brian. I have been here since around July. Are you trading the Nitro for a DJ like I did? My back was getting so bad I found it harder and harder to climb up into the Nitro, even with the nerf boards. In fact, I just got out of the Hospital with Fusion #4, on L5 and S1. So now, L4,L5, and S1 are tied together with bolts and rods. 22 staples! I think that they come out tomorrow.

As for the nitroforumz, I stayed a while because I was a Formal Greeter and in charge of the Veterans getting their banners. I do not know what happened, but all of a sudden I was being deluged with ads. The Forum double charged me for my $40 yearly membership, and I filed a complaint with PayPal. I must have pissed off the powers that be, because I started getting all these ads. So, I just stopped posting. It was fun, even without the Nitro.

There is a lot of good guys here and all are very helpful. Since I'm still learning about the DJ, I post when I can offer assistance.

Are you thinking of trading your Nitro on a DJ? So far, the only thing I am really beginning to hate is the new Radio. I like the fact that there is a bigger screen, but there is a lot to be desired when compared to the MyGigs. They took out the 30 gig Hard Drive! WTF? You can play music through an iPod (I still can't get it to work right) or a SD card. After 2 months of screwing around with the SD card, I finally got it to work right; but, I have no idea how to add new music to it because of the way I got it to work, without starting all over again. Infuriating! Otherwise, the Nitro can not hold a candle to the DJ.

Last spring, as my back got progressively worse, I would start over to the dealer, only to stop and come home. I had a lot of $ invested in the Nitro, that I knew I would never get back. Anyway, at the end of June I finally drove to the Dealer. A salesman jumped on me before I could even get out of the Nitro. I told him that I was looking for a DJ. There was a Chrysler Rep there that day; I immediately qualified for $2000 and with my $500 Military discount, I had $2500. before I even looked at anything. I walked outside and saw this beauty:

LeftSide_zps441a8c5d.jpg

This is the exact position that I saw it on the lot, all by itself, and I knew that I wanted it! The color is Copperhead Pearl. Someone said it is not available for 2015. It is a Crossroad, a new model for 2014. The salesman pointed out the stitched leather on the door panels. Nice. I got in it, drove it around the lot, and told him I would take it. It is all leather inside; I figured it had to have heated seats. Not to be. Heated seats are now part of Uconnect. The switches are on the screen - soft touch icons. Heated seats can not be added as an accessory. So be careful, and check everything out. I was mesmerized by the color, and it got the best of me.

We do have a local Katzkin Dealer in town. I was able to get the driver's seat heated, but not the passenger. Seems that there is some sort of sensor where heat pad can not be added. The passenger seat does flip forward to expose a storage box. Nice and handy. This is the first non-4wd vehicle that I have had in over 20 years. Mine is FWD and is a trooper in the snow. Never got stuck once, even on unplowed roads. I did leave the TC on and let her rip! Members here do seem to have issues with the AWD system, so that choice has to be up to you, living farther North than I do. I may add a sunroof like I did in the Nitro, and my signature lists the things that I have done/want to do in the future, just like on the Nitroforumz. I have the seat all the way up and it is perfect for me and my back. Surgery was 2 weeks ago, and I get to drive again tomorrow. I have gone out in the garage to look at it a few times, but have not sat in it - I'd be too tempted to drive.

The R/T comes pretty much loaded, as well as the Limited. The Crossroad is next and then the SXT and the AVP, one for the US and one for Canada. Mine has the Pentastar V6. OMG; this thing has power! If I floor it from a stop, and one front tire is slipping on something, it wants to rip the steering wheel out of my hand! Awesome! Huge 2-piston calipers on the front! Take your time looking, and take the time to make sure that it has everything you want. You can't go wrong.

Great talking to you again.

Dave

Edited by dhh3

Wow... the saga continues. The original DJ I wanted was at another dealership from the one I was dealing with. Come to find out, <at least what I was told anyway>, it was being used as a demo by one of the employees and had a bit of mileage on it. Seriously?? An employee is driving a BRAND NEW vehicle around? I think someone's blowing smoke at me, but who knows?

I've been offered another one, identical to the one I wanted (printed the build sheet and compared them) except the replacement has the rear seat video package, which I flat refused to pay for, and they are "throwing it in for free" because it was the dealerships mistake. It also has a sun roof, also no charge to me, so maybe I'm getting the better end of the deal here. We shall find out on Monday.

It's an SXT LIMITED model. And with what's included in that package, adding the rear seat video and sunroof, I think the only thing it will be missing to be fully loaded would be the NAV system.

Random question here... does anyone know why I can't quote other peoples reply? I hit the quote button and it goes to a blank reply window.

Brian

OK, it appears the problem was IE. Am using Chrome at the moment and the quote function is working just fine.

BrianS,

Welcome to the forum!

Id' recommend visiting one of the local dealers here in the Windsor area and test drive a new Journey.

This way you'll be able to test a few out and see what your needs may be as far as accessories and options go.

Good luck with your search !!!

Been there, done that, but thanks for the suggestions.

Hi Brian. I have been here since around July. Are you trading the Nitro for a DJ like I did? My back was getting so bad I found it harder and harder to climb up into the Nitro, even with the nerf boards. In fact, I just got out of the Hospital with Fusion #4, on L5 and S1. So now, L4,L5, and S1 are tied together with bolts and rods. 22 staples! I think that they come out tomorrow.

As for the nitroforumz, I stayed a while because I was a Formal Greeter and in charge of the Veterans getting their banners. I do not know what happened, but all of a sudden I was being deluged with ads. The Forum double charged me for my $40 yearly membership, and I filed a complaint with PayPal. I must have pissed off the powers that be, because I started getting all these ads. So, I just stopped posting. It was fun, even without the Nitro.

There is a lot of good guys here and all are very helpful. Since I'm still learning about the DJ, I post when I can offer assistance.

Are you thinking of trading your Nitro on a DJ? So far, the only thing I am really beginning to hate is the new Radio. I like the fact that there is a bigger screen, but there is a lot to be desired when compared to the MyGigs. They took out the 30 gig Hard Drive! WTF? You can play music through an iPod (I still can't get it to work right) or a SD card. After 2 months of screwing around with the SD card, I finally got it to work right; but, I have no idea how to add new music to it because of the way I got it to work, without starting all over again. Infuriating! Otherwise, the Nitro can not hold a candle to the DJ.

Last spring, as my back got progressively worse, I would start over to the dealer, only to stop and come home. I had a lot of $ invested in the Nitro, that I knew I would never get back. Anyway, at the end of June I finally drove to the Dealer. A salesman jumped on me before I could even get out of the Nitro. I told him that I was looking for a DJ. There was a Chrysler Rep there that day; I immediately qualified for $2000 and with my $500 Military discount, I had $2500. before I even looked at anything. I walked outside and saw this beauty:

LeftSide_zps441a8c5d.jpg

This the exact position that I saw it on the lot, all by itself, and I knew that I wanted it! The color is Copperhead Pearl. Someone said it is not available for 2015. It is a Crossroad, a new model for 2014. The salesman pointed out the stitched leather on the door panels. Nice. I got in it, drove it around the lot, and told him I would take it. It is all leather inside; I figured it had to have heated seats. Not to be. Heated seats are now part of Uconnect. The switches are on the screen - soft touch icons. Heated seats can not be added as an accessory. So be careful, and check everything out. I was mesmerized by the color, and it got the best of me.

We do have a local Katzkin Dealer in town. I was able to get the driver's seat heated, but not the passenger. Seems that there is some sort of sensor where heat pad can not be added. The passenger seat does flip forward to expose a storage box. Nice and handy. This is the first non-4wd vehicle that I have had in over 20 years. Mine is FWD and is a trooper in the snow. Never got stuck once, even on unplowed roads. I did leave the TC on and let her rip! Members here do seem to have issues with the AWD system, so that choice has to be up to you, living farther North than I do. I may add a sunroof like I did in the Nitro, and my signature lists the things that I have done/want to do in the future, just like on the Nitroforumz. I have the seat all the way up and it is perfect for me and my back. Surgery was 2 weeks ago, and I get to drive again tomorrow. I have gone out in the garage to look at it a few times, but have not sat in it - I'd be too tempted to drive.

The R/T comes pretty much loaded, as well as the Limited. The Crossroad is next and then the SXT and the AVP, one for the US and one for Canada. Mine has the Pentastar V6. OMG; this thing has power! If I floor it from a stop, and one front tire is slipping on something, it wants to rip the steering wheel out of my hand! Awesome! Huge 2-piston calipers on the front! Take your time looking, and take the time to make sure that it has everything you want. You can't go wrong.

Great talking to you again.

Dave

Nope, Nitro is SWMBO's and she absolutely loves it.. She, like you, has back issues but she still finds the Nitro to be very comfortable to drive. Until she can no longer drive it, it stays.

Sorry to hear you have ongoing issues with your back. I'd have to retire if that was the case with me, can't be bouncing around in a truck with back problems like that.

Darn nice colour on your DJ. And, NO, it's not available for 2015. Too bad, because that would be my colour of choice. Mine will be Phantom Blue Pearl, which is a dark blue, almost the "Patriot Blue" that was offered on 4th gen minivans. It's a LIMITED model, with a few toys thrown in for free as the dealership messed up. It's OK, free stuff is always good.

Wow... the saga continues. The original DJ I wanted was at another dealership from the one I was dealing with. Come to find out, <at least what I was told anyway>, it was being used as a demo by one of the employees and had a bit of mileage on it. Seriously?? An employee is driving a BRAND NEW vehicle around? I think someone's blowing smoke at me, but who knows?

I've been offered another one, identical to the one I wanted (printed the build sheet and compared them) except the replacement has the rear seat video package, which I flat refused to pay for, and they are "throwing it in for free" because it was the dealerships mistake. It also has a sun roof, also no charge to me, so maybe I'm getting the better end of the deal here. We shall find out on Monday.

It's an SXT LIMITED model. And with what's included in that package, adding the rear seat video and sunroof, I think the only thing it will be missing to be fully loaded would be the NAV system.

New Journey owner here, who is also not a fan of smoke being blown... I ran into a similar situation at 2 different dealerships in my area....

The first dealership didn't have the car I was interested in, as the employee who took it home the night before called in sick that day... and they wouldn't have it available the next day as it was also being used as their 'loaner'... (it was listed on their site for sale, and i'm surprised they told me all that)

Second dealership's sales guy, who sold me my Journey, and his finance manager, both admitted to my wife and I how no one who worked there actually owned a car, but simply drove home what was available on the lot... Laughed it off as I wasn't sure if they were joking... but right after leaving (it was passed closing for them) the wife and I were sitting at a red light when the finance person rolled up driving a 2014 or 15 Durango with the "Dealer" plates... I assume on her way home...

The mileage on my Journey matched what was online and the carfax, give or take a few, but still a bit concerning...

Do all dealerships do this?

We ordered our Journey straight from the factory, so of course it had virtually no miles on the odometer. Having said that, we have bought several new cars off the lot in the past and except for the mileage from moving around the lot none of them showed significant use. I would be surprised if this was standard practice at most dealerships. I would think they would be listed as demos otherwise.

Nope, Nitro is SWMBO's and she absolutely loves it.. She, like you, has back issues but she still finds the Nitro to be very comfortable to drive. Until she can no longer drive it, it stays.

Sorry to hear you have ongoing issues with your back. I'd have to retire if that was the case with me, can't be bouncing around in a truck with back problems like that.

Darn nice colour on your DJ. And, NO, it's not available for 2015. Too bad, because that would be my colour of choice. Mine will be Phantom Blue Pearl, which is a dark blue, almost the "Patriot Blue" that was offered on 4th gen minivans. It's a LIMITED model, with a few toys thrown in for free as the dealership messed up. It's OK, free stuff is always good.

Free is good. I always like free. When I bought the DJ, I talked my dealer into a rearview camera. They bought the camera; I paid the labor. Book say 2 hours to install(?). $172.00 So, that is what they charged me. I brought it in on a Thursday at 8 AM. No word at Noon, so I snuck around the other side of the building to get into the service bays. Found my car. The left third row seat was out sitting on the floor. Most of the interior panels on the drivers side were out. The middle section section of the dash was out. And, there were some plastic pieces up on the roof. I'm thinking: this does not look good. He already had it 4 hours, and that was just to get it apart! I have no idea how the book came up with 2 hours. I took the shuttle home. Friday afternoon, they sent the shuttle over to pick me up and get me a rental for the weekend. I got the DJ back Tuesday afternoon. You should have seen the look on the techs face when I walked back with my service writer on Friday. I think that he thought that I was about to become unglued! I didn't. I told him just to do the best job that he could. Poor kid!

When you get yours, can you take a picture, from inside, of the sunroof so I can see if they changed the overhead console with the sunroof. If I decide to get it, I'll go back to the same place that did my Nitro. They install the same sunroofs that the Factory uses.

I haven't worked since April, 2010, sad to say. That was when I got the second fusion in my neck, and the headaches became unbearable/uncontrollable. Horse needles in the back of my head - occipital nerve blocks 4 times a year to keep the headaches at bay, along with epidurals. So, I am disabled - both from the VA and SS. I hate this. I'd rather be working. With Sharon gone, I try to stay busy; but, I still have not accepted the fact that she is not coming back.

That blue must have the metallic pearl in it. I'm not sure if I have ever seen a DJ in that color. Funny; I keep noticing Nitros and not DJs. Should be the other way around. I have never seen my Nitro on the road, but it did not sit on the dealer's lot for a week. I was tempted to remove all the stereo stuff, but they upped the trade-in value $1,000 if I left it. They told me it would be easier to sell to some kid! So, I must still be a kid! LOL

Edited by dhh3

New Journey owner here, who is also not a fan of smoke being blown... I ran into a similar situation at 2 different dealerships in my area....

The first dealership didn't have the car I was interested in, as the employee who took it home the night before called in sick that day... and they wouldn't have it available the next day as it was also being used as their 'loaner'... (it was listed on their site for sale, and i'm surprised they told me all that)

Second dealership's sales guy, who sold me my Journey, and his finance manager, both admitted to my wife and I how no one who worked there actually owned a car, but simply drove home what was available on the lot... Laughed it off as I wasn't sure if they were joking... but right after leaving (it was passed closing for them) the wife and I were sitting at a red light when the finance person rolled up driving a 2014 or 15 Durango with the "Dealer" plates... I assume on her way home...

The mileage on my Journey matched what was online and the carfax, give or take a few, but still a bit concerning...

Do all dealerships do this?

I'm not sure that ANY dealership would take a brand new car home. Used vehicles, certainly... mileage isn't that critical on them. I'm going to be paying close attention to the mileage on the one that they replaced the original one with. To be sure, I'm getting some free extras, but I just hate the feeling that I'm being lied to. Oh well, I'm sure I will get over it. :)

We ordered our Journey straight from the factory, so of course it had virtually no miles on the odometer. Having said that, we have bought several new cars off the lot in the past and except for the mileage from moving around the lot none of them showed significant use. I would be surprised if this was standard practice at most dealerships. I would think they would be listed as demos otherwise.

I agree Rolly. I can't see new vehicles being used as transportation on a regular basis as they become used vehicles then.