Hi from sunny Southern Ontario

BrianS

When you get yours, can you take a picture, from inside, of the sunroof so I can see if they changed the overhead console with the sunroof. If I decide to get it, I'll go back to the same place that did my Nitro. They install the same sunroofs that the Factory uses.

I haven't worked since April, 2010, sad to say. That was when I got the second fusion in my neck, and the headaches became unbearable/uncontrollable. Horse needles in the back of my head - occipital nerve blocks 4 times a year to keep the headaches at bay, along with epidurals. So, I am disabled - both from the VA and SS. I hate this. I'd rather be working. With Sharon gone, I try to stay busy; but, I still have not accepted the fact that she is not coming back.

That blue must have the metallic pearl in it. I'm not sure if I have ever seen a DJ in that color. Funny; I keep noticing Nitros and not DJs. Should be the other way around. I have never seen mine on the road, but it did not sit on the dealer's lot for a week. I was tempted to remove all the stereo stuff, but they upped the trade-in value $1,000 if I left it. They told me it would be easier to sell to some kid! So, I must still be a kid! LOL

Yes, pics are no problem. If I don't put one up next week, please feel free to remind me.

Yes, I remember you having back issues for a while but didn't realize just how long it had been.

The blue does have some metallic in it I believe. FCA really needs to adjust their colour choices IMHO. 2 blues, a red, a black, and 2 greys. Pretty plain and unexciting in my opinion. Funny how now that we have a Nitro, we see them all over the place. I remember my wife saying that she didn't see any so they couldn't be that popular... now we see them all over the place. Sure hop the DJ gets better fuel economy!! :rant2:

I'm getting between 17.5 -19 around town. It gets better as I put the miles on it. Last summer, on the interstate around Columbus, Ohio I was getting a steady 35.6 @ 74 mph. I never saw that on the Nitro. I think that the 6 speed has a lot to do with it, and the Pentastar is an awesome engine. You will not be sorry and will want to rip your wife's hands off of the steering wheel! You can adjust the small center cluster to do 3 things. I keep mine on mpgs, so I can keep it in the green!

When you get yours, can you take a picture, from inside, of the sunroof so I can see if they changed the overhead console with the sunroof. If I decide to get it, I'll go back to the same place that did my Nitro. They install the same sunroofs that the Factory uses.

Hope these are what you need. If not, feel free to ask for more.

post-11000-0-29037000-1428966841_thumb.j

post-11000-0-23730900-1428966902_thumb.j

Ok, picked it up this afternoon. So far, so good. Needs to go back for a final buffing... apparently that's only done on Tuesdays at this dealership so I will be back there tomorrow. I should have taken pics of it before I left the dealership with it... went home "the long way" and got caught in a torrential downpour so the DJ is filthy right now. But, it's all good... the wipers work and the sunroof doesn't leak. :)

Now I just have to put all my junk back in it... amazing how much storage there was in the Grand Caravan.... don't think it's all going to fit in the DJ.

post-11000-0-98097400-1428967541_thumb.j

post-11000-0-11536700-1428967555_thumb.j

Than

Hope these are what you need. If not, feel free to ask for more.

Thanks for the pictures. In the third section of the overhead, where the switch is, mine is just flat. And hollow. Do you have the rear Heat/AC mounted to the roof?

Than

Thanks for the pictures. In the third section of the overhead, where the switch is, mine is just flat. And hollow. Do you have the rear Heat/AC mounted to the roof?

Yes. Do you need more pics? I realize those are really closeups.

No. Everything looks the same, so it appears that a sunroof can be added to mine. They may put the switch on the flat area on the third section of the console. There must be space enough for the glass to slide above the rear Heat/AC controls. Many thanks.

D@mm sunroofs!! I hate them!! I would NEVER get one in a vehicle... unfortunately it was already here so nothing I could do about it.

On the way back to the dealer to have some minor scratches buffed out, I took the DJ thru the car wash. It was filthy due the the downpour I went thru yesterday. Don't know why, but opened the sunroof cover as we were going thru the wash, just in time for my son and I to get a shower thru the back of the sunroof. :rant2: :slapfight: :nonono: Just a stroke of luck that I opened that cover, or I might not have even known there was a leak.

Needless to say I am NOT IMPRESSED!! Apparently, there is "one guy" that takes care of water leaks and he is coming to town tomorrow. Hopefully it's a quick fix. Only had it one day and already going thru withdrawl. :)

Was it on Vent? The rear of the roof should slightly open in the Vent position. Maybe it wasn't closed all the way.

No, not vent... altho I'm wondering if when I had it open briefly to make sure it worked, if I didn't hit, and hold, the close button instead of just hit, and release, and let it auto-close. If I held it, and then released it when I thought it was closed, perhaps it wasn't completely closed. I don't know at this point... will have to wait and see if they find anything wrong with it, or if it was operator error.

NOT that it could EVER be MY fault... :wub: :shades: :lol:

OK, minor scratches buffed out.. except for on on the rear facia. I almost got nasty with the manager, but my Mom raised me to be nice to stupid people. He said that if they repaired it, in 6 months, or a year, it would come back and it wouldn't be covered, basically hinting that I should just take it and be happy. I bit my tongue at this point, and asked him "why wouldn't it be covered if it was repaired under warranty by a Chrysler dealer? This is a new car, I want it fixed!!" whereupon he said I guess we'll have to order a new facia.

And I'm not sure if anything was actually done with the leaky sunroof... mysteriously, there was "no paper" available for me, so I don't know if it was an actual problem or just the loose nut behind the wheel. Supposedly they are going to mail it to me. I dunno, I've been to the dealership a few times with other cars, and there has ALWAYS been paper.