How to change spark plugs on a 2012 DJ with V6 and question on rough idle

2004CSOTP

I typically try to avoid dealers due to high costs (DYI or independant mechanic shops) but I have to take my Journey into the dealer to get the power steering recall done (New hoses and power steering cooler)  -Wondering if there would be any potential labour savings to get the spark plugs changed at the same time?  So question is basically does removing the power steering lines/cooler help give the mechanic access to getting the manifold cover off or access to the plugs?  

I'm mainly looking for this info so (if applicable) I can negotiate the cost of the spark plug replacement labour down if done by the dealer at the same time as the recall work.   If there is are savings I may just have a local independant garage do the plugs as it looks like a bit too much work for me to take on at home.  

Also I have purchased Autolite XP5701 Iridium spark plugs and a Fel-Pro MS 97204 Intake gasket set for the required parts.

the power steering recall doesnt require the intake manifold removed so the dealer will ding you extra

If you have a guy you trust you would be better off also I dont think the gasket requires replacement as I had mine done at 50000 miles and didnt need one.

I used the Champion plugs that the factory uses 

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:47 AM, Ghost said:

I typically try to avoid dealers due to high costs (DYI or independant mechanic shops) but I have to take my Journey into the dealer to get the power steering recall done (New hoses and power steering cooler)  -Wondering if there would be any potential labour savings to get the spark plugs changed at the same time?  So question is basically does removing the power steering lines/cooler help give the mechanic access to getting the manifold cover off or access to the plugs?  

I'm mainly looking for this info so (if applicable) I can negotiate the cost of the spark plug replacement labour down if done by the dealer at the same time as the recall work.   If there is are savings I may just have a local independant garage do the plugs as it looks like a bit too much work for me to take on at home.  

Also I have purchased Autolite XP5701 Iridium spark plugs and a Fel-Pro MS 97204 Intake gasket set for the required parts.

How many miles? Plugs are a 100,000 mile change interval. Use only OEM plugs.

I did it earlier this year and it wasn't really as bad as the instructions looked.  Only took about 2 to 2.5 he's doing it in my garage with hand tools.  Well worth it to save $600 in labor the dealer would charge for $30 worth of parts.  Just follow the pics on the first page and it's pretty easy.

Edited by onecrazyfoo4u