Hello

For a week now my uconnect has been acting strangely

First, it doesn't immediately shut off when a door is opened after turning off the engine, it takes at least 10-12 seconds to shut off

Second, no matter what channel i leave it on when turning off the car, when i start it up again it will playing VPR News, but the uconnect will display the last channel it was on. The weird part is that i am at least 50km outside the broadcast range of any of those stations

I don't know if it could be related but i was involved in a rear-ending collision a few days before, although there is no damage beyond some scratching on my rear bumper

Could some connector be loose?

I suggest starting by cycling power (remove the negative power terminal under the hood) for 30 minutes. This should reset the unit, in case something had glitched. As to staying on, mine does that when the phone is connected to it and there's a message being processed. I *might* be normal and something you've simply never noticed before.

A colleague is saying that if i disconnect the battery, i'll need a code to unlock the radio (due to anti-theft device)

Where would i go about getting this code? Being in canada, i can't afford to be locked out of weather controls in the middle of winter :(

A colleague is saying that if i disconnect the battery, i'll need a code to unlock the radio (due to anti-theft device)

Where would i go about getting this code? Being in canada, i can't afford to be locked out of weather controls in the middle of winter :(

Your colleague is incorrect.

Disconnecting the battery didn't solve my issue, but thanks everyone for the replies

I discovered that if the radio is on AM band when shutting off, it's still on same channel when i turn it back on

I guess i have no choice to have it checked at the dealer