Exhaust muffler journey 3.6 2013

You're going to get answers all over the place on this one... I agree that magnaflows sound the best after having tried a few of the major brands on other vehicles. Blowmasters are raspy and cause a lot of resonance in the cabin in my experience. There is no direct replacement listed, but if you crawl under your DJ you should be able to get measurements that will help you find the correct model to fit with the least amount of fabrication... Or, just go to an exhaust shop and pay someone else to do the leg work. Good luck.

I'm hoping to modify the exhaust on my 300M Special later this year, and I've found the best thing to do is to spend some time on Youtube with a set of good speakers and see what others have done (I've done that with decent computer speakers, home theater by flinging the video to the TV over my Chromecast, and BTing my phone to my Journey and listening over the Alpine system). My Special has the 3.5L HO V6, so I primarily searched for things like "Borla 3.5L V6", "Magnaflow Chrysler 3.5L V6", etc. The car currently has a sound not too different from the VQ35 equipped Infiniti G-series and Nissan Fairlady sports car (G35 sedan and coupe, 350Z in North America), and it isn't too different from the Pentastar 3.6, and Camaro 3.6, so I've listened to hundreds of videos of Fairladys, LX cars, LD cars, LC cars, Zeta Camaros, etc. etc. For the Journey, search for Journeys, 200s, Avengers 2011-2014, then expand to Dodge and Chrysler 3.6 vehicles from there to get the best comparison.

Every engine is different, and every car has different tuning even if they have the same engine, so that sick-sounding Avenger probably won't sound exactly like your Journey, but it serves has a good frame of reference for what that particular brand of muffler will offer you. Borla, Magnaflow, Flowmaster, Cherry Bomb, etc. all have their own unique sounds.

Personally, I'll be going with Borla on my Special. I was planning on doing the same on my Journey, but I've decided any mods for it will be ones I can quickly remove when I upgrade in 4-5 years to something else. It's my daily and I can't justify pouring money into it like that when I have my Special for modding, not to mention the loss in value from modifying it.

...I've found the best thing to do is to spend some time on Youtube with a set of good speakers and see what others have done (I've done that...BTing my phone to my Journey and listening over the Alpine system).

I'm picturing you listening on your stereo in the DJ while driving aggressively to the sound of the exhaust... Ha!

• 3 months later...

Just to piggyback on this topic, would you see any gains by just swapping out the factory 1 in 2 out muffler with a high flow Magnaflow? Or would you need to eliminate the stock muffler AND resonators to see any appreciable difference?

Just to piggyback on this topic, would you see any gains by just swapping out the factory 1 in 2 out muffler with a high flow Magnaflow? Or would you need to eliminate the stock muffler AND resonators to see any appreciable difference?

You won't see any noticeable gains without intake upgrades as well... this would be mostly exhaust tone.