Ahh yes, Winter

hockey_puck

My wife complains about winter every year... I simply tell her to remember when she was a kid. Why did we love winter then and hate it now?? Because when we were kids we didn't give a damn and we went outside and had fun. As adults we sit in the house and complain that it is too cold to go outside... Winter has very unique activities that can't typically be enjoyed in the other 6 months of the year (winter is long in MN :lol: ). Get outside and have fun; that way winter doesn't seem so long and it can be enjoyed for the unique opportunities it provides!

Winter also helps to put summer into perspective. No one who lives where there is no real winter can have the same appreciation for the spring and summer months as those of us who deal with real winter weather. Personally, I love it and wouldn't trade it in for the world. Maybe when I'm a bit older and unable to enjoy it I will change my tune, but not before then!

A few weeks in Waikiki makes winter pass by a little faster as we age! Not going this year, because of family issue, but will be there next year! Note. There is a hockey rink in Honolulu!

A few weeks in Waikiki makes winter pass by a little faster as we age! Not going this year, because of family issue, but will be there next year! Note. There is a hockey rink in Honolulu!

Ha! I've heard of this so called hockey rink in Honolulu... Kind of like Sasquatch, I'll believe it when I see it! We typically go the Mexico route as it is cheaper, but yes...a well placed escape makes winter seem a little quicker.

Well, we're under a triple threat, we have cold, snow, and a full moon! You know you're in the height of laziness when you drag a snow blower out for an inch and a half to 2 inches of snow, know wonder the boy weighs 400+ lbs. smdh

The only thing I truly hated about winter was snappy clothes. Unless you were willing to spray all the clothes with static guard they always either stuck together or stuck to you once you put them on. No amount of fabric softener or dryer sheets stopped it. Then I learned about tinfoil dryer balls and now I have nothing to complain about, instructions on the net ;) Back to watching the cardinals enjoy a block of suet.

You know you're in the height of laziness when you drag a snow blower out for an inch and a half to 2 inches of snow, know wonder the boy weighs 400+ lbs. smdh

I'm at that height of laziness Dee and if it is less than an inch of snow i'll push it in a pile and use the snow blower to throw it. :goodnight:

You don't put fruit in beer!! Unless you like those girl drinks. ; )

If you read the post carefully, I did not put the name of the beer down, because I hate it! Now, if you read my signature, you'll see that I am addicted to Angry Orchard Red Apple Hard Cider. I have not found an apple in a bottle yet; so is this considered a girly drink? If so, then I guess that I am guilty as charged.

Journey_SeXT, our snow was so light here you could broom it away, as his mother did with the walkway. I brushed my car off, did a circular drive, county sidewalk, all in the time he took to snow blow a small driveway. I also went around the corner and cleaned part of an elderly couples driveway. They have a steep drive and I hate seeing him out there cleaning, but he loves doing it, I leave just enough closer to the door so he can say he did something. Scared the couple too. They're use to seeing a silver truck parked out front, they were ready to call the police. I think she's 89 and he should be 91 this year, I love the older people, so much knowledge to share if you're willing to listen.

Dear American Friends and Eastern Canadians (east of Mb/Ont border) .

We are sorry. There is another miserable and frigid cold blast coming your way. Enjoy!

H.P.

On the prairie....

Interesting... I didn't realize that is ever warmed up... I mean, I guess it got to like 10 degrees F yesterday for just long enough to cause a shitty afternoon commute, but with 25 mph winds it sure didn't feel warm and it quickly got back below zero so we didn't get too used to it.