Computer problem??

MWG

Hi, My wife just call me and said the power steering stopped turning and the engine won't rev. I told her to turn it off and restart, Seems everything is back to normal. Anybody have this happen? Maybe a computer problem?

Power steering shouldn't be computer controlled... If your wife is anything like mine she may have missed some important details. Sounds like maybe it wasn't running. If the engine is running the power steering should be operational, especially since it worked after she restarted it (meaning that there is no mechanical issue causing it). I wouldn't worry about it at this point and assume she wasn't paying attention.

BTW, no disrespect meant... It just doesn't add up and the fact that you're getting it second hand makes it hard to troubleshoot. Regardless, if it works now, then the power steering is functional and since it is operated mechanically and not via the computer, this is the only logical thing that pops into my head.

• Official Dodge Support

Hi, My wife just call me and said the power steering stopped turning and the engine won't rev. I told her to turn it off and restart, Seems everything is back to normal. Anybody have this happen? Maybe a computer problem?

MWG,

I would agree in saying the engine may have shut off.

Any loss of power conditions should be taken seriously, please do have your vehicle inspected at your local Dodge dealer.

Keep us posted if you can.

Thanks for the replies. It does make sense that it sounds like the engine shut off. I guess we would of checked the gauges as the problem was happening.I just remembered that we received a TSB from Chrysler about the ignition switch. I cant remember if its for the Journey or my Caravan. It said they don't have the parts right now and will send me a letter when to take it in. Thanks.

• Official Dodge Support

Thanks for the replies. It does make sense that it sounds like the engine shut off. I guess we would of checked the gauges as the problem was happening.I just remembered that we received a TSB from Chrysler about the ignition switch. I cant remember if its for the Journey or my Caravan. It said they don't have the parts right now and will send me a letter when to take it in. Thanks.

MGW,

I would recommend documenting the event with your dealer at the very least.

Also, give the service dept. a call to check your VIN for any outstanding recalls, may not be anything incomplete but worthwhile making sure.

All the best!