couple months in the making

I haven't seen the lower part of the front bumper painted black; I like it. Does it separate from the rest of the bumper or is it molded in? Did you just plasti dip it? Seems to match the rest of the stock black on the bumper good.

I plasti-dipped mine and it matches quite well (with glossifier). It is separate from the bumper and can be removed, but working with plasti-dip, it is easy enough to do without removing it. I can't speak for the OP though...

I plasti-dipped mine and it matches quite well (with glossifier). It is separate from the bumper and can be removed, but working with plasti-dip, it is easy enough to do without removing it. I can't speak for the OP though...

Okay cool, thanks! That's interesting that the glossifier coating makes it match better. You would think it would be just the flat black plastidip coating to match the best. Did you use glossifier on the grill too?

I'm gonna put halos in the fogs and I thought about running led strips at the bottom of the headlight housing on the inside when I take them apart.. it's my wife's as well haha I still do what I want with it though .Then figure out if any possible way to put them in headlights . There isn't

Much of a contour shape on the stock headlights . The calipers are probably gonna be cleaned a lot haha. . I painted everything . The lower

Fascia does separate nicely from the plastics . I use regular acrylic enamel gloss black with self etching primer .

Okay cool, thanks! That's interesting that the glossifier coating makes it match better. You would think it would be just the flat black plastidip coating to match the best. Did you use glossifier on the grill too?

I used glossifier on everything (fascia, grill and wheels)... The UV protectant version. Looks like the OP painted everything (I wasn't sure if I wanted it to stay like it is permanently, so I used dip. I will likely redo most, if not all of it, in paint now that I know I like it...

You have a crossroad... the front end on yours is completely different in every way below the paint...

I'm going to have to take a trip over to my Dealer's to check out the DJ lineup. I thought that the only difference was the platinum bull bar.

I'm going to have to take a trip over to my Dealer's to check out the DJ lineup. I thought that the only difference was the platinum bull bar.

Nope. Fog light housings are different and I believe that you have less painted plastics... Mine goes almost all the way to the bottom whereas yours goes slightly lower than the bull bar looking fascia piece.

EDIT: The difference are pretty obvious if you look at his pics above and compare them to the ones in your gallery (or just look at your DJ, ha!).

Edited by Lobitz68

NIce work. I want to do some modding on mine, debadge, plastidip some chrome to black, etc. The wife won't let me since it is "her" car (even though I make the payments).. :lol:

I have that problem as well but I tell her its hers but its in my name lol. I still prefer my 20 year old grand cherokee limited Over my new car anyday.