Canadian Warranty Info

YellowDuck

No warranty book came with our car (2014 DJ RT). The owners manual says that the warranty information is on the DVD that came with the car, but I can't get the DVD to play in my computer - I think it is defective. I checked the dodge.ca site but there does not appear to be any warranty information on that site at all (?!?!). By contrast, the US warranty book was easy to find online.

Does anyone know how I can get the Canadian warranty information?

What precipitated this is that our DVD player stopped working (disk won't eject, and we get a "disk error" on the screen every time we start the car). I wanted to verify that it is covered under the warranty before I go in to the dealer.

I feel like a bit of an idiot for buying a car without a written copy of the warranty information in hand!

When you put the warranty disc into your computer go to my computer on the menu and double click the icon to see if it will open. Mine wouldn't open automatically, but it did manually. Hope this helps. I don't think the warranty is much different in Canada.

I received a hard copy owner's manual in the glove box, and as I posted before, no disc. I mentioned this to my salesman and he told me that I could download what was on the disc; as a PDF. so, I'm fine until my POS HP crashes again! There is more information in the PDF than the Book!

My window sticker says 5 year/100,000 powertrain warranty, if that helps you.

rolly, that link is for the US warranty information, not the Canadian.

I have the owners manual, both paper version that came with the car, and .pdf version that I downloaded from the web. The owners manual and the warranty book are two different documents. I still can't find the warranty book anywhere.

The canadian sales brochure for the Journey says that basic coverage is 3 years / 60,000 km. I just wanted to verify that there were no exclusions. I have seen vehicle warranties before were things like radios had very short coverage periods.

• Official Dodge Support

No warranty book came with our car (2014 DJ RT). The owners manual says that the warranty information is on the DVD that came with the car, but I can't get the DVD to play in my computer - I think it is defective. I checked the dodge.ca site but there does not appear to be any warranty information on that site at all (?!?!). By contrast, the US warranty book was easy to find online.

Does anyone know how I can get the Canadian warranty information?

What precipitated this is that our DVD player stopped working (disk won't eject, and we get a "disk error" on the screen every time we start the car). I wanted to verify that it is covered under the warranty before I go in to the dealer.

I feel like a bit of an idiot for buying a car without a written copy of the warranty information in hand!

YellowDuck,

Please check your inbox, I've sent you a message with some information regarding all the literature you're looking for.