engine shuts off while driving.

I have had problems with my DJ shutting off while I am driving. I ran over some railroad tracks the other day and everything shut off. Then it will restart itself. It did that twice then the third time it would not start. I took it to the dealer but it started fine for them and they said nothing was wrong with it. I had this problem a couple months ago and replaced the battery and alternator but now it is doing it again. I see there is a recall on the 2010 DJ for this but not the 2011.

• Official Dodge Support

I have had problems with my DJ shutting off while I am driving. I ran over some railroad tracks the other day and everything shut off. Then it will restart itself. It did that twice then the third time it would not start. I took it to the dealer but it started fine for them and they said nothing was wrong with it. I had this problem a couple months ago and replaced the battery and alternator but now it is doing it again. I see there is a recall on the 2010 DJ for this but not the 2011.

Jody Aistrop Slater,

Welcome to the forum!

I tend to agree with Sparkyssxt, a loose connection somewhere tends to cause something to cut out, especially when going over a significant bump in the road.

See if you can find a set of tracks or anything bumpy nearby to your dealer and request they take a test drive with you in attempts to duplicate.

Keep us posted if you can.

I will third the wiring...

You may want to find another dealer too. While I understand that they need to be able to replicate the issue in order to solve it, they should also be able to use their heads for something besides holding their ears apart. Sounds like lazy idiots that won't even attempt to THINK in order to troubleshoot. These are the worst kind of mechanics... "If the answer is not written down somewhere or there is not a code then I can't do anything about it..." Very annoying.