Radio/CD's/MP3 Encoder sound horrible

I don't think that it would be loose wiring. If it was loose wiring, I don't think the CD player would play anything. It has to be a bad CD player. We were posting at the same time! With luck, the CD player is a separate unit. Where is your slot for the CD? How are you playing music through your phone: Bluetooth, Aux or USB?

The cd player is near the bottom of the dash, just above the shifter..it is a few inches below the radio's interface...inside the console is 2 plug ins..1 usb and 1 aux..so, I have to open the console to access those plug ins

Your CD player is where mine is. I have an SD slot right above the CD slot. My AUX and USB are also in the console

Can you try playing music via USB, AUX and Bluetooth and see if it all sounds the same?

What is that Plug hanging from the bottom of the dash?

Your CD player is where mine is. I have an SD slot right above the CD slot. My AUX and USB are also in the console

Can you try playing music via USB, AUX and Bluetooth and see if it all sounds the same?

What is that Plug hanging from the bottom of the dash?

I have tried USB and aux..sound is the same...not good...haven't tried bluetooth

I am unsure what the plug below the dash is...I plugged my phone charger into it and it didn't work :)

I have a power port, but it is down at the bottom of that bin behind the cup holders. Hard to get to! Never tried it to see if it works. I just use the USB to charge my phone. I filed a round hole at the leading edge of the sliding tray inside the console, to make a slot for the USB cable. So, I leave my USB cable out all of the time. Doing this still allows the console lid to close properly and it does not pinch the cable.

I asked the salesman for a USB cable at Best Buy. Didn't even look at it. When my phone is charging, there is a continuous stream of little blue lights traveling up the cable to the phone! It even lights up when I open a door before I start it! Matches my blue interior lights! Surprises all my friends.

I'm curious to see how your music sounds via Bluetooth. Is you DJ still under warranty?

Edited by dhh3

Greetings from Montreal!

I have recently upgraded the software last week on my 2014 CrossRoad

Does anyone know any details on what this update addresses? I couldn't find any documentation on Chrysler's website

Thanks,

Anish

You can check and see if your system requires a software update here - https://rsur.extra.chrysler.com/rsur/Uconnect.do

If an update is required you can do this yourself very easily (did an update to mine not too long ago). Worth a shot to see if it fixes your issue.

Greetings from Montreal!

I have recently upgraded the software last week on my 2014 CrossRoad

Does anyone know any details on what this update addresses? I couldn't find any documentation on Chrysler's website

Thanks,

Anish

I would check with Uconnect, it is their update.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been looking through other dodge forums reading the same about quality. Apparently, the update for the 8.4A radio got audio driver updates. My 2015 offers no updates, but I used a vin from a 2014 DJ and used that update with about the only thing I noticed was better Bluetooth connectivity. I tried to use the firmware from the Charger but it's in an *.iso format, not *.kwi that ours used. Going to try burning it on a DVD to see if it'll update that way.

• 2 weeks later...

Still battling this issue...I am thinking part of the issue is the 3.5 tweeters in the dash....they sizzle and are far too harsh for my ears..and they distort with certain sounds

Can these be replaced with an aftermarket speaker that will be less harsh??

Still battling this issue...I am thinking part of the issue is the 3.5 tweeters in the dash....they sizzle and are far too harsh for my ears..and they distort with certain sounds

Can these be replaced with an aftermarket speaker that will be less harsh??

Sure... I don't think you'll find a direct replacement, but with an adapter plate there are a number of options available.