Blackout Pillar Tape Removal

M.Scipione

Has anyone taken the Blackout Pillar tape off of their Journey?

This is a fairly common and simple MOD I did to my RAM and I really like how it looks on that vehicle but I am curious to see if anyone has any pictures of a Journey before I take the plunge.

Just brought home a 2014 Pearl White R/T today!

So Before I went and shot myself in the foot I took a picture and quickly photo shopped the tape out of the picture.

Here is what it looks like now......

IMG_0859_zpsd2c787cf.jpg

And here is what it would look like if I remove the tape....

IMG_0859b_zpsa3ae325c.jpg

I don't really think this works on this vehicle. After comparing it to the durango I think the reason it DOESN'T work is because of the triangular base on the rear door, not really sure.

I guess I am going to leave the tape on for now, not really sure what I will do once the tape begins to fade/fail.

...not really sure what I will do once the tape begins to fade/fail.

I wonder how well it holds up long-term, seems like it could be scratched/scuffed easily. The replacement parts cost for all 6 pieces is $175 (U.S. MSRP).

Anyone out there have any issues with the blackout tape?

So Before I went and shot myself in the foot I took a picture and quickly photo shopped the tape out of the picture.

Here is what it looks like now......

IMG_0859_zpsd2c787cf.jpg

And here is what it would look like if I remove the tape....

IMG_0859b_zpsa3ae325c.jpg

I don't really think this works on this vehicle. After comparing it to the durango I think the reason it DOESN'T work is because of the triangular base on the rear door, not really sure.

I guess I am going to leave the tape on for now, not really sure what I will do once the tape begins to fade/fail.

​The tape your referring to is just vinyl, the same vinyl that vehicles with advertisement have except its thicker. If you go to most any places that do vehicle wraps I'm sure they have it. Don't worry about the long term cause its easy to replace.

Most people with wagons (especially Magnums) paint their pillars a gloss black. The intent is to create a single continuous window effect. I'm surprised Dodge thought to do it at all. Mine is PX8, so I have no pillar vinyls to start with. If I had a different color, I'd look into removing the vinyls and painting the pillars gloss black.