Anyone know Dodge Journey 2013 engine automatic extinguish suddenly

jojogg

Dodge Journey 2013 CVP

When I pressed the brake a little bit hard this morning and causing the bag back fell down from the passenger seat. The engine stopped by itself. And then I ignite the car twice and then the car became normal.

Is this a problem with dodge journey? Should I bring back to the dealer to check it? Does any one have the same problem before? It never happened before.

Any suggestion will be appreciate.

Thanks

The gas is full and I just added it yesterday. It is still under warranty. I am thinking maybe I should bring it to dealer. Perhaps like what you said they can not do anything. Headache

was your gas low? No idea... Being that it is a 2013 and likely has a warranty left on it I would bring it to the dealer. Although they probably won't/can't do anything unless they are able to replicate the failure.

Yes you should pursue the issue with dealership.

It could be related to a faulty ignition system, not many owners

know that if you push and hold the Start/Stop ignition button

while in Drive that the engine will shut down - could be related.

Thnak you

Yes you should pursue the issue with dealership.

It could be related to a faulty ignition system, not many owners

know that if you push and hold the Start/Stop ignition button

while in Drive that the engine will shut down - could be related.

• Official Dodge Support

Dodge Journey 2013 CVP

When I pressed the brake a little bit hard this morning and causing the bag back fell down from the passenger seat. The engine stopped by itself. And then I ignite the car twice and then the car became normal.

Is this a problem with dodge journey? Should I bring back to the dealer to check it? Does any one have the same problem before? It never happened before.

Any suggestion will be appreciate.

Thanks

The gas is full and I just added it yesterday. It is still under warranty. I am thinking maybe I should bring it to dealer. Perhaps like what you said they can not do anything. Headache

jojogg,

In this case, I would also recommend getting this to the attention of the dealership in hopes of reproducing the issue.

The Service Dept. will resolve accordingly once more is known about the condition.

Keep us posted if you can.