Dear Ma Ma Nature

hockey_puck

Oooo ooo oooo...... *holds up hand from the back of the class* Rectal Thermometers?

:lol:

Ha! No... We manufacture all kinds of devices, but I work with interventional cardiology products like balloon angioplasty catheters, stents, implantable pacemakers, etc... Life saving devices, not thermometers.

Trying being an engineer in the US. Living in the US day-to-day I have to use the imperial system. When I step into work, I have to switch to metric. Being bi-lingual isn't fun, especially when a non-engineer friend or family member asks about those details and they get glossy-eyed. Part dimensions are in mm. Test chamber temperatures are in C. Only once did I get to stick to one system, the one day I had to travel to WAP (Windsor Assembly Plant) for work.

I have faith that those silly Canuckistanians will learn the error of their ways and come back into the fold!

(I kid, I prefer metric to imperial) It seems like the biggest hurdle to the US making the switch is getting all of the mathematically-challenged citizens (98% of the population) to accept it. As it is, bolt sizes on cars and many structures are metric. I've only ever used imperial-sized sockets on corroded or worn bolt heads to get that fraction of a millimeter difference for better fitment.