I have the 2014 DODGE JOURNEY SXT with built in NAV, there are two error messages stating that the unit cannot load the maps. Now the GPS shows only direction and no details. The dealer states that the whole unit needs to be replaced that there is a short after 14,000 miles. I hope this is not an indicator of the quality as so far I really like the functionality of the car.

The map has become corrupted. The current repair requires a radio replacement. I was just as surprised as you to learn this on my own 2013 Crew. Just had it done last month. I thought for sure that I would be able to load new map data on a flash drive and update the radio accordingly since every other feature worked perfectly. Not so. The repair itself was simple and does not require re-pairing phones as that is done via the telematics module. My radio was backordered and took about three weeks to obtain.

• Official Dodge Support

I have the 2014 DODGE JOURNEY SXT with built in NAV, there are two error messages stating that the unit cannot load the maps. Now the GPS shows only direction and no details. The dealer states that the whole unit needs to be replaced that there is a short after 14,000 miles. I hope this is not an indicator of the quality as so far I really like the functionality of the car.

Sorry you are experiencing this issue. The dealer should be able to repair.

Hi Chris,

Same thing happened to me buddy in the winter time last year they had to replace the whole touch screen once they do that your preety much golden

It sucks but what can you do thats why we got warranty for it :-)

Nothing is made like it use to be back in the old days everything now seems to be made cheap

Hi Chris,

Same thing happened to me buddy in the winter time last year they had to replace the whole touch screen once they do that your preety much golden

It sucks but what can you do thats why we got warranty for it :-)

Nothing is made like it use to be back in the old days everything now seems to be made cheap

I would say that they are cheaply made..."Back in the old days" there was nowhere near as many features and none of the electronics were even slightly complicated. If you want the fancy features, sometimes you have to deal with warranty work.