Tick noise when turning steering wheel left or right

Blackout

Year? Mileage? Removed the wheels yet to see if anything obvious? CV joints make a ticking/clicking noise when going bad, but that is usually on high mileage.

The CV joints would likely be pretty noticeable, not something I would describe as "faint"... If it is quiet then I would lean away from any component with lots of weight or pressure on it... OP, you sure it wasn't just a rock in your tread or something?

Edited by Lobitz68

• Official Dodge Support

Good morning everyone

I'm experiencing a tick noise when turning the steering wheel left or right

Any ideas ?

It's very faint but I can hear it when ac and radio is off

Blackout,

Hard to say what it could be without hearing the noise.

Based on your description though, it could be related to the power steering system.

I'd suggest getting over to your Dodge Service Facility for an inspection.

Good morning everyone

Heard the lil tick noise when turning steering wheel this morning I find I can hear it when it's cold outside

If I turn the steering wheel for a bit parked it comes n goes doesn't happen all the time

When it's warm outside I don't hear it

It doesn't make Sense

• Official Dodge Support

Hasnt made the noise since but if it gets worse or I hear it more often I definently will

I just hate going to the dealer and they never find anything wrong with it and in the end I look and feel like a idiot

I'll give it a bit more time it

Thanks guys

Good morning everyone

Heard the lil tick noise when turning steering wheel this morning I find I can hear it when it's cold outside

If I turn the steering wheel for a bit parked it comes n goes doesn't happen all the time

When it's warm outside I don't hear it

It doesn't make Sense

Blackout,

Don't feel silly about bringing your vehicle to your dealer, they understand that issues can be intermittent and will do everything they can to help.

Try to keep a log of conditions and any factors that seem related to when the tick noise occurs.

That way you can bring your DJ in when you have the best chance of duplicating the noise for the folks in the Service dept.

• Official Dodge Support

Good morning everyone so if I'm driving not going over any bumps I don't hear it when I pull into my parking garage at work and go over the bumps I can hear the noise very faint of course any ideas what you think it is?

Blackout,

That description sounds more suspension related.

Keep us posted after your visit to your dealer.

Good morning I took it in to the dealer they can't hear the noise I had the service rep listen to the video he explained it to the tech but they can't make it happen the noise. He's checking my suspension ball joints and everything to see where it's coming from they r clueless about it

Went to pickup the ride the mechanic spoke with me and he told me everything is good suspension balljoints everything is all good he couldnt hear the noise I showed him the video he heard it but he cant figure it out where it comes from.

I took it home no noises couldnt hear anything driving for a bit I dunno I guess its a weird one lol

• Official Dodge Support

Hi DodgeCaCares,

I got a chance and I recorded the noise and I uploaded it to youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfs4ID_Es-U&feature=youtu.be

Theres the link listen to it and tell me what you think I appreciate it

Im going to be making an appt at the dealer soon

Blackout,

It's very difficult to hear any one specific noise from this video.

Having this documented with your dealer is beneficial, especially if it becomes intermittent.

Has your dealer discussed comparing to another Journey to see if this noise may be a characteristic of the vehicle?

My sister has the same kind of vehicle and hers doesnt make it at all its weird.

I guess ill have to live with it until it gets bad

Theres times it doesnt even make it at all the noise

If you play the video again listen very carefully it makes a lil tick noise

• Official Dodge Support

When playing the video stop it at 3 seconds you will hear it its a very faint tick

Blackout,

I can hear the slightest of click noises after you mentioned the 3 second mark.

Do you find the noise happens each time the wheel is turned a certain way or at a certain position?

If so, I'd tend to think it may be something in the steering column causing that noise.

Keep an eye on things are the very least and I'm confident your dealer will nail down the cause and correct accordingly.

• Official Dodge Support

DodgeCACares,

When its Warm Outside I dont hear the noise at all

Its weird

Blackout,

It's going to get fairly cold this Friday evening, do a comparison during the day and then in the evening.

Did you notice this in the previous winter at all?

• Official Dodge Support

Hey DodgeCACares,

Today driving to work I didnt hear it

Blackout,

Strange...

Try keeping in mind all of the conditions when the noise is present.

Get it logged and do what you can to bring this to your dealer when you believe it's going to sure fire be present.